Review of Satern Cut Rifled 6.5 Grendel BBL Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of Satern Cut Rifled 6.5 Grendel BBL Part 1

As many know I have been putting an upper together for my father in 6.5 Grendel and this barrel was at the heart of it. I have assembled it and fired enough rounds to adjust the gas block and assure function (about 10).

Cosmetics.

Very clean and Well machined. Threads were all clean and smooth.

Assembly dimensions.

Barrel extension fit very snug, I still bedded it but it was almost not needed. Gas block fit tight enough that wiggling was necessary to get it on. I still bedded the block as well but this was the first block I have ever though was not necessary.

Fouling on first shots.

All of us know that the first 5-10 shots are the worst about fouling, especially copper. Until this barrel the best one I have ever had was a Walther-Lothar in 6.5 Grendel that had minimal fouling after 5 shots and the next 50 had less than the first 5.

This barrel took about 10 shots to get the gas block adjusted ( I seemed to forget which way clockwise was) and to make sure function was as I wished. Upon cleaning the barrel I found 0, nil, nada evidence of any copper fouling. This was after letting the copper cleaner soak the max time.

Hell I can't get that out of a single factory gun I have after 100s of shots of breaking them in.

My initial impression are very impressive. Once I get an optic mounted and sighted in for groups I will let you know. I will tell you that with open sights I was ringing steel 10/10 (human silhouette). I did not miss once, that was with some luck considering they were sighted in on another rifle (.223), as I just wanted to make sure I was safely in the berm.
Working...
X