The Tax Reform Bill..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    Maybe we stop calling it healthcare (mandated ore otherwise) and call it what it IS.... insurance.
    Not sure it can be classified as insurance either

Comment

Tax cut

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      I'm trying to figure out why everyone says it's horrible. Is it not a large enough tax cut for the actual tax payers?
      Because they eliminated the $4050/per person exemption,(which was deducted whether you itemized or not) plus eliminating many deductions (state and local property taxes, work expenses, investment advisory fees, etc) the amount we will be taxed on is more. So even though the rate is less, it will end up costing me about the same if I’m lucky...perhaps more. Even doubling the standard deduction only makes up a portion of the loss of the personal exemptions, and is worse if your a family of 3 or more.

Comment

Tax cut

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        For a family of 4 with 2 young kids and earning $45K in Texas and paying $3,000 in property taxes, the tax cut will save them $1,401 according to the calculator here:

How the Trump tax plan will change YOUR taxes. Will the GOP tax plan lower your taxes or raise them? This is the only site that'll tell you!

Plug in your numbers to see what you might expect.
        Plugged mine in and I’ll end up losing $381.

Comment

I should save in the neighborhood of 3k

Comment

Big savings for me too, Kirby.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              Big savings for me too, Kirby.
              It will be nice if reality is fairly close to the numbers that calculator spit out

Comment

When it comes to taxes and presidents I’m all about me. Who is going to put the most money in my pocket at year end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  When it comes to taxes and presidents I’m all about me. Who is going to put the most money in my pocket at year end?

You mean, who is going to let you keep more of your money by years end.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    You mean, who is going to let you keep more of your money by years end. [emoji6]b

Nope. If I can rat hole more money into “my pocket” during the year then that means the warden(wife) gets less at the end of the year.

For the record my wife hates when I refer to her as the warden[emoji23]

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-24-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X