Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default So I Have a Serious Question..

A serious question... I'm really looking for the answer..
So how in GODS name does this happen?? How do we LET this happen??







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

The very next presidents middle name was Hussain.
This happens when soy boy type Americans think that if they capitulate to evil it will go away.
Most of Europe is suffering because of this and our good neighbors to the north will suffer the same fate.
Liberals blame America for everything because they hope they will gain favor with the evil doers and thus not suffer the evil. Fools.....is the answer to your question.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Some people don’t realize that you can’t placate evil. No matter how hard you try, they are still evil, and has evil intentions. Evil needs to be eradicated, not catered to
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #4
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

You need to look at her district & the history of the immigrants moving into the area...it really isn't surprising.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2019, 11:43 PM   #5
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

We've been in an asymmetric war, and losing, since the 70's. Uncontrolled immigration and birthright citizenship have changed the demographics to such a degree that we get the elected officials who espouse socialism, capitulation to evil, and an unsustainable welfare state. The correction is coming and it will be painful.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #6
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
A serious question... I'm really looking for the answer..
So how in GODS name does this happen?? How do we LET this happen??







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You for got to mention she committed immigration fraud by marrying her brother
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #7
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

I don’t get it either. I’m not a super conservative by a long shot, but I don’t see how the ideologies can match up.

Our country is a great place that should be (and is) accepting of a lot of different faiths and people, but we can’t accept people who wish to fundamentally change what we were founded on & present a danger to our society.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
mwk128
Four Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
A serious question... I'm really looking for the answer..
So how in GODS name does this happen?? How do we LET this happen??







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t get it. Isn’t curry an Indian food? Indians are typically Hindu, not Muslim.
mwk128 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 AM   #9
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
We've been in an asymmetric war, and losing, since the 70's. Uncontrolled immigration and birthright citizenship have changed the demographics to such a degree that we get the elected officials who espouse socialism, capitulation to evil, and an unsustainable welfare state. The correction is coming and it will be painful.
all this ^
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #10
diamond10x
Ten Point
 
diamond10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Helotes
Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties
Default

They get voted in because of their district they represent. Omar and tliab both are representative of where they come from. Communities where all these “refugees” live that refuse to assimilate, and there fore we are starting to see in in Congress. Failed immigration system.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #11
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Sadly its going to take another large scale attack with many many casualties on our soil to wake the nation back up. I always take heat for saying it...but I stand by it.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #12
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Sadly its going to take another large scale attack with many many casualties on our soil to wake the nation back up. I always take heat for saying it...but I stand by it.
I take heat for it also. Also been saying for years a great depression would do America a LOT of good.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #13
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond10x View Post
They get voted in because of their district they represent. Omar and tliab both are representative of where they come from. Communities where all these “refugees” live that refuse to assimilate, and there fore we are starting to see in in Congress. Failed immigration system.
Rot in hell Ted Kennedy

1965 Immigration Act



"This bill we sign today is not a revolutionary bill. It does not affect the lives of millions. It will not restructure the shape of our daily lives."

"First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same ... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset ... Contrary to the charges in some quarters, [the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia ... In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think."

"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 1-3.)
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #14
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
Rot in hell Ted Kennedy

1965 Immigration Act



"This bill we sign today is not a revolutionary bill. It does not affect the lives of millions. It will not restructure the shape of our daily lives."

"First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same ... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset ... Contrary to the charges in some quarters, [the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia ... In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think."

"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 1-3.)


While Iím no Kennedy fan, itís probably reasonable for LEGAL immigration.

Illegal immigration that gets a blind eye, not so much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #15
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
While Iím no Kennedy fan, itís probably reasonable for LEGAL immigration.

Illegal immigration that gets a blind eye, not so much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nah, he was sending up a flair plain and simple... and they answered.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #16
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

74% democrats voted for and 85% of republicans
interesting who should rot in hell unless I'm missing something
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #17
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
74% democrats voted for and 85% of republicans
interesting who should rot in hell unless I'm missing something
You lost me.. Voted for what..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #18
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

A day of reckoning is coming. Just as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Lord will remove His blessing from this nation what was founded on His principals and laws. It has left its "first Love" and turned to evil. Evil will not go unpunished. If you just read the headlines or watch the daily news, it sounds like the times back when the Lord destroyed these cities... Sin is great in this nation, and I have said for years, when this land as a Nation removes its support of God's people Israel, God will remove His blessing from this Nation... From the horrible statements and evil attitudes displayed by this new incoming congressional body, that is becoming closer and closer to a reality. I pray this nation wakes up, but I fear it will not... History is not in our favor.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #19
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
You lost me.. Voted for what..
1965 immigration bill
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #20
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
A day of reckoning is coming. Just as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Lord will remove His blessing from this nation what was founded on His principals and laws. It has left its "first Love" and turned to evil. Evil will not go unpunished. If you just read the headlines or watch the daily news, it sounds like the times back when the Lord destroyed these cities... Sin is great in this nation, and I have said for years, when this land as a Nation removes its support of God's people Israel, God will remove His blessing from this Nation... From the horrible statements and evil attitudes displayed by this new incoming congressional body, that is becoming closer and closer to a reality. I pray this nation wakes up, but I fear it will not... History is not in our favor.
Spot on IMO.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #21
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default Bigger Problem Than Immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
I donít get it either. Iím not a super conservative by a long shot, but I donít see how the ideologies can match up.

Our country is a great place that should be (and is) accepting of a lot of different faiths and people, but we canít accept people who wish to fundamentally change what we were founded on & present a danger to our society.
I see where you're coming from but I think we have a much larger proportion of native "people who wish to fundamentally change what we were founded on & present a danger to our society" than we do immigrants who fall in this category. Look at Schumer, Pelosi, Sanders, Clintons, Soros, Kerry, Gore, O'rourke, etc.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #22
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
A day of reckoning is coming. Just as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Lord will remove His blessing from this nation what was founded on His principals and laws. It has left its "first Love" and turned to evil. Evil will not go unpunished. If you just read the headlines or watch the daily news, it sounds like the times back when the Lord destroyed these cities... Sin is great in this nation, and I have said for years, when this land as a Nation removes its support of God's people Israel, God will remove His blessing from this Nation... From the horrible statements and evil attitudes displayed by this new incoming congressional body, that is becoming closer and closer to a reality. I pray this nation wakes up, but I fear it will not... History is not in our favor.


Man you ain't a kiddin!!!!!
Won't be long now....



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 06:11 PM   #23
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Sadly its going to take another large scale attack with many many casualties on our soil to wake the nation back up. I always take heat for saying it...but I stand by it.
Your absolutly right and I say the same thing to my coworkers and friends.
A large scale attack and or economic collapse before we figure out where we need to be.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #24
brokeno
Ten Point
 
brokeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Smiley, Texas
Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere
Default

This was all Obama's plan. He wanted the Muslims to go and congregate in a certain area so they would be elected that's what happened in Minnesota.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #25
Vermin93
Ten Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

We have a lot of non-Muslims in Congress that don't like the President, don't support Israel, and don't agree with your assessment of America's past, present and future.

How did this happen? Pretty simple...

Article VI, Clause 3 of the US Constitution

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Last edited by Vermin93; 02-22-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 06:59 AM   #26
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
We have a lot of non-Muslims in Congress that don't like the President, don't support Israel, and don't agree with your assessment of America's past, present and future.

How did this happen? Pretty simple...

Article VI, Clause 3 of the US Constitution

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.


And herein lies the problem. We’ve ended up here because we (collective) have accepted Islam as a religion. IT IS NOT. Islam is a radical, terroristic, supremist ideology cloaked in the mantle of religion. Muslims have not independently radicalized their beliefs in such a way that a few bad apples wage jihad. It is at their core. Have you ever seen the “Non-radicalized” Muslim community come out and speak against the radicalized? I’ll help , nope. And that is because these bad apple terrorist are simply abiding by what they all believe, the Quran and the teachings of Mohammed. Their ideology is in and of itself radical, and until we recognize that we are at war, we will continue to lose.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-23-2019 at 07:04 AM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #27
jaime1982
Ten Point
 
jaime1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: La Porte Tx
Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Man you ain't a kiddin!!!!!
Won't be long now....



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This Is he-larrious

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 07:39 AM   #28
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
And herein lies the problem. Weíve ended up here because we (collective) have accepted Islam as a religion. IT IS NOT. Islam is a radical, terroristic, supremist ideology cloaked in the mantle of religion. Muslims have not independently radicalized their beliefs in such a way that a few bad apples wage jihad. It is at their core. Have you ever seen the ďNon-radicalizedĒ Muslim community come out and speak against the radicalized? Iíll help , nope. And that is because these bad apple terrorist are simply abiding by what they all believe, the Quran and the teachings of Mohammed. Their ideology is in and of itself radical, and until we recognize that we are at war, we will continue to lose.
WOW! Religious scholar right here.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #29
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
WOW! Religious scholar right here.
Thanks for your enlightening contribution. Simply calling a spade a spade.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 08:21 AM   #30
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Dang for some reason I couldn't find anything on the "truth" network so I guess these articles are just filler

https://brill.com/view/journals/jome...cle-p146_2.xml

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...dia-ignores-it

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...errorism-stats
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #31
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Dang for some reason I couldn't find anything on the "truth" network so I guess these articles are just filler

https://brill.com/view/journals/jome...cle-p146_2.xml

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...dia-ignores-it

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...errorism-stats


Oh thanks, it must be true if it’s on the internet. . Keep your head i the sand then Barrett

Let me ask you, Do you believe that Islam is a peaceful “religion”?
Or rather, just give me your opinion on the subject..?

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-23-2019 at 09:00 AM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #32
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
We have a lot of non-Muslims in Congress that don't like the President, don't support Israel, and don't agree with your assessment of America's past, present and future.

How did this happen? Pretty simple...

Article VI, Clause 3 of the US Constitution

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
You do realize that you are way off base with what our forefathers meant by that don't you?? I think you probably do..
But to be on the safe side I say it's due time for another amendment... Don't you?
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #33
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
A day of reckoning is coming. Just as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Lord will remove His blessing from this nation what was founded on His principals and laws. It has left its "first Love" and turned to evil. Evil will not go unpunished. If you just read the headlines or watch the daily news, it sounds like the times back when the Lord destroyed these cities... Sin is great in this nation, and I have said for years, when this land as a Nation removes its support of God's people Israel, God will remove His blessing from this Nation... From the horrible statements and evil attitudes displayed by this new incoming congressional body, that is becoming closer and closer to a reality. I pray this nation wakes up, but I fear it will not... History is not in our favor.
Neither is the book of Revelation.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #34
Vermin93
Ten Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
You do realize that you are way off base with what our forefathers meant by that don't you?? I think you probably do..

But to be on the safe side I say it's due time for another amendment... Don't you?

There is a lot of interesting history and debate behind Article VI, Clause 3, and to suggest there was a unanimous consensus of intent thatís not reflected in its actual wording is disingenuous at best.

The No Religious Test Clause in Article VI gets essentially no attention today since itís trumped by the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment, and with the 14th Amendment in place to ensure states donít become their own theocracies, weíre in pretty good shape. Although, there are certainly conservative states who keep trying.

Our secular Constitution is one of the main things that makes this country great.

Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #35
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

[QUOTE=Vermin93;14011550]There is a lot of interesting history and debate behind Article VI, Clause 3, and to suggest there was a unanimous consensus of intent that’s not reflected in its actual wording is disingenuous at best.

The No Religious Test Clause in Article VI gets essentially no attention today since it’s trumped by the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment, and with the 14th Amendment in place to ensure states don’t become their own theocracies, we’re in pretty good shape. Although, there are certainly conservative states who keep trying.

Our secular Constitution is one of the main things that makes this country great.


That’s
an interesting comment, Considering what makes this country great and set apart from others is the Judeo-Christian values it was founded upon. As this country continues to turn from God, you’ll one day see the truth in this statement. I just hope it’s not too late for you or any other nonbeliever.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-23-2019 at 12:59 PM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #36
Vermin93
Ten Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

The collective xenophobia and social one-sidedness of the local right wing tribe never ceases to amaze me. Itís the equal and opposite reaction of left wing social justice. I find both sides to be ill-informed and deeply flawed.

I would suggest that there is ample evidence to conclude that taking any of the Abrahamic religions literally is detrimental, nevermind their inconsistencies, historical errancies and unproved claims. I will also readily admit that to any objective person, Islam, as written, should be clearly identified as the worst of the bunch.

Thankfully, most self-proclaimed Christians do not take the Bible literally. However, data indicates that the same is not true for Muslims. A much greater percentage of Muslims claim to take the Koran literally. I see this as a big problem. That said, there are certainly moderate Muslims who do not take the Koran literally, and we need a lot more of them. I worked with some of them in Plano a few years ago and they were good people. One of them was actually my boss at the time. Fortunately, genuine efforts to grow the moderate Muslim community are underway, but I suspect global progress will be slow. The West will need to lead the way on this for obvious reasons.

Rashida Tlaib is a leftist who hates Trump, and in that sense she is not unlike a significant percentage of her political party. But, she has slightly more in common with Islamic fundamentalists as I do with Christian fundamentalists. For crying out loud, the women believes that Allah is a ďsheĒ, if Allah even exists. She would be hung at high noon in the much of the Middle East for professing such a non-fundamentalist view of Islam. Tlaib openly acknowledges her belief in the secular government that our Constitution established, which I suspect is more than I can say for some around here.

When the country elects a real Islamic fundamentalist or a Muslim whoís any more extreme than the left wingers in todayís Democrat party, get back to me.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #37
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwk128 View Post
I donít get it. Isnít curry an Indian food? Indians are typically Hindu, not Muslim.

This. Regardless of the message, whoever created that and put it on Facebook is an idiot. Indian and Thai but never heard of a Muslim curry. What a retard.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #38
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This. Regardless of the message, whoever created that and put it on Facebook is an idiot. Indian and Thai but never heard of a Muslim curry. What a retard.
Lol, true
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 02:57 PM   #39
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default So I Have a Serious Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This. Regardless of the message, whoever created that and put it on Facebook is an idiot. Indian and Thai but never heard of a Muslim curry. What a retard.


Hmm.. But not that I care what they eat..





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 02-23-2019 at 03:00 PM.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #40
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Oh thanks, it must be true if itís on the internet. . Keep your head i the sand then Barrett

Let me ask you, Do you believe that Islam is a peaceful ďreligionĒ?
Or rather, just give me your opinion on the subject..?
Wait so me easily finding three articles proving that there are Muslims who denounce the extremist heathens means Im the one with my head in the sand.
Where do you get your information if the internet is wrong?

I believe that no religion is peaceful. But then again I read stories from the internet that talks about all the scandals in every religion. Hell even Buddhists have set themselves on fire in protest, again not very peaceful. Crusades, not peaceful.

Yes there are sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the views of the religion. And this is scary to me, but I wouldn't lump them all into one category.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #41
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Wait so me easily finding three articles proving that there are Muslims who denounce the extremist heathens means Im the one with my head in the sand.
Where do you get your information if the internet is wrong?

I believe that no religion is peaceful. But then again I read stories from the internet that talks about all the scandals in every religion. Hell even Buddhists have set themselves on fire in protest, again not very peaceful. Crusades, not peaceful.

Yes there are sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the views of the religion. And this is scary to me, but I wouldn't lump them all into one category.

Youíre wrong imo. The cornerstones of the teachings of Jesus Christ is love, grace and mercy.
Itís not sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the view of the ďreligionĒ. They are following and doing just as instructed in their holy book and by their prophet. Jihad on all infidels ( non believers ). Thatís my point - Islam promotes and demands death of all those who do not conform. No other ďreligionĒ in the world demands their followers murder those who wonít convert.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #42
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Wait so me easily finding three articles proving that there are Muslims who denounce the extremist heathens means Im the one with my head in the sand.
Where do you get your information if the internet is wrong?

I believe that no religion is peaceful. But then again I read stories from the internet that talks about all the scandals in every religion. Hell even Buddhists have set themselves on fire in protest, again not very peaceful. Crusades, not peaceful.

Yes there are sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the views of the religion. And this is scary to me, but I wouldn't lump them all into one category.
Please dont bring up the crusades...those happened after 400 years of Muslim oppression and murder.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #43
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

heck, Im still trying to figure out why we did not cut ties with Saudi Arabia, refuse to let their diplomats leave our shores, drop a precision nuke on them and take over the oil fields that remained???
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 08:02 PM   #44
Vermin93
Ten Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
You’re wrong imo. The cornerstones of the teachings of Jesus Christ is love, grace and mercy.
It’s not sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the view of the “religion”. They are following and doing just as instructed in their holy book and by their prophet. Jihad on all infidels ( non believers ). That’s my point - Islam promotes and demands death of all those who do not conform. No other “religion” in the world demands their followers murder those who won’t convert.
Love, grace and mercy...what are 3 things largely absent from the P/CE forum on most days.

Look, both books preach their fair share of terrible things. New Testament fans have mastered the art of excusing away the portions of the Bible that are nearly impossible to defend in a civilized society. Parts of the Koran, like parts of the Bible, are an unmerciful and immoral train wreck. But the fact is there are Muslims who don't subscribe to killing infidels and apostates just like there are all sorts of Christians who don't subscribe to the worst parts of the Bible. Is the proportion equal between the two? I don't know, but I doubt it's even close, and I absolutely believe that it would be extremely deceitful to argue that fundamentalist Christians in today's world are operating anywhere close to the level of oppression and violence demonstrated by Islamic fundamentalists. Thankfully, the US has come a long way in the last 50 or so years in terms of getting it's own religious fundamentalism under control. The majority of the Islamic world seems to have made little progress in this department, which remains a big problem.

Look, you won't find a bigger proponent than me for being critical of bad religious ideas. I am committed, with my voice, time and checkbook, to keeping religious fundamentalism out of American government and public institutions regardless of which religion is involved. But there's a difference between a religion's ideas and those who identify as following that religion, and it shouldn't take an enlightened person to realize that not all members of a religion subscribe to all the tenets of that religion. You have to look at the individual.

When Rashid Tlaid, Ilhan Omar, Keith Ellison and Andrť Carson start coming after you in the name of Allah, you'll have a good a point.

You are obviously passionate on this subject. I know the perfect cause for you to support to help make a difference:

Ex-Muslims of North America

https://exmuslims.org/

Last edited by Vermin93; 02-23-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #45
Vermin93
Ten Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Please dont bring up the crusades...those happened after 400 years of Muslim oppression and murder.
Not sure I've seen a greater oversimplification, misrepresentation and dismissal of nearly 200 years of religious war and unspeakable violence against civilians.

Your use of the "it wasn't our fault" defense to dismiss the whole thing is priceless.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #46
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Lol, true
Might as well have said “wake up and smell the pizza”

Last edited by Roy Munson; 02-23-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #47
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Please dont bring up the crusades...those happened after 400 years of Muslim oppression and murder.
But how else can he bash Christianity? I guess he could look for the small crazy cults they claim to be Christian and then act like they are the majority.

They will never understand the difference between religion and what stupid people do with it.

Lots of people are stupid. A lot claim to be of a certain religion but most are not. Just because a person is raised "x" and says they are "x" does not mean they actually believe "x's" teachings.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #48
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Not sure I've seen a greater oversimplification, misrepresentation and dismissal of nearly 200 years of religious war and unspeakable violence against civilians.

Your use of the "it wasn't our fault" defense to dismiss the whole thing is priceless.
Did God or Jesus tell Christians to kill all Muslims in the crusades? Or was this all started by a church or denomination?

My point is again just because people are stupid doesn't mean God is evil.

And another point is you people need to stop trying to hold Christians today accountable for what some did 800+ years ago. Crap we can't even get the true story on wars in the past decade. So does anyone here really know the true hows and whys of the crusades?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #49
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
But how else can he bash Christianity? I guess he could look for the small crazy cults they claim to be Christian and then act like they are the majority.

They will never understand the difference between religion and what stupid people do with it.

Lots of people are stupid. A lot claim to be of a certain religion but most are not. Just because a person is raised "x" and says they are "x" does not mean they actually believe "x's" teachings.
Thats a lot of "stupid'
Im not bashing Christianity at all. Im simply stating that folks have taken so much out of context with regard to religious texts. The Bible says there "is a time to hate" but I do not think the meaning is to hate all people. Just as the Quran talks of killing idolaters. Its all about context and what was going on in the times then. People contort the texts to fit their means, and yes many Muslims have done just that. Id say many many more than extremist Christians have done but not all Christians are bad.
I see folks claim they are Christians on TBH and then watch them call names, bash others and wish harm on others.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2019, 12:22 PM   #50
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

wow...just wow...
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com