Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
coop
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lake Whitney
Question Who will not vote for Trump in November

Who will definitely not vote for Trump for president if he is the Republican candidate?

I voted in the primary so I've already done all I can do as for as picking a candidate. So now I'll set back and watch and as this debacle plays out.

Since the Texas primary is over it amasses me how much some people continue debate the pros and cons of each candidate. Is there something else we can do to change the chosen candidate that I'm missing?

I'm just curious as to who will actually not vote Republican if Trump wins the nomination.
coop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
Who will definitely not vote for Trump for president if he is the Republican candidate?

I voted in the primary so I've already done all I can do as for as picking a candidate. So now I'll set back and watch and as this debacle plays out.

Since the Texas primary is over it amasses me how much some people continue debate the pros and cons of each candidate. Is there something else we can do to change the chosen candidate that I'm missing?

I'm just curious as to who will actually not vote Republican if Trump wins the nomination.
Are you wanting to know if we will vote for a Republican or Trumph?
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #3
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

If he is the nominee....then yes, I will vote for him and hope that there's that 1% chance he will truly do what he preaches.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
BigWes
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
If he is the nominee....then yes, I will vote for him and hope that there's that 1% chance he will truly do what he preaches.
X2

In my mind, abstaining from voting for him is nearly the same as a vote for the other option, either of which are worse than Trump.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #5
coop
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lake Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Are you wanting to know if we will vote for a Republican or Trumph?
I am asking, if Trump is the Republican nominee, who will not vote Republican.
coop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #6
BowDude
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina County

I will be voting for him if he is the Republican nominee.
BowDude is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
Ætheling
Pope & Young

If he is the nominee than I will hold my nose and swallow that rotten burger.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
LWC
Ten Point

I won't. I'm not going to be held responsible for the disaster that I think he would be. I voted in the primary but can't bring myself to do something I feel would be bad for our country...which would be putting Trump in the white house. If someone is going to take us further into the toilet, might as well be a democrat.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #9
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Yeah, it stinks, but no way I'm voting for Hildebeast. My father was a Dem County Judge (Miller) while Bill was the Governor in Arkansas and I heard too much about the Clintons to ever vote for either.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwc View Post
i won't. I'm not going to be held responsible for the disaster that i think he would be. I voted in the primary but can't bring myself to do something i feel would be bad for our country...which would be putting trump in the white house. If someone is going to take us further into the toilet, might as well be a democrat.
Name:  Ted Cruz Sticker.JPG
Views: 1186
Size:  35.2 KB
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #11
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I won't. I'm not going to be held responsible for the disaster that I think he would be. I voted in the primary but can't bring myself to do something I feel would be bad for our country...which would be putting Trump in the white house. If someone is going to take us further into the toilet, might as well be a democrat.
As much as one might admire that thought process, by not voting for an opposite of what is in place now (real or fake at this point), you are effectively and purposely speeding that ride down the toilet - which would make you even more 'responsible' than those gambling on someone doing what they say would do?
How would those inactions not make you feel "bad for our country"?

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is a straight up democrat and is lying through his teeth, - History helps with that opinion, But undoubtedly, to take a swing with a crooked hammer and hope you don't smack your thumb is better than taking a swing with hammer that's pointed directly at your thumb.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
Be10dwn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Arkansas

I will, under no circumstances, ever vote for Donald J Trump. I don't care you think it's handing a vote to the opposition, I can't in good conscience vote for someone who I think would be a disaster. Sorry. If that makes me whatever you think it makes me, so be it. My vote, my choice
Be10dwn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
Lynn21
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Tx

Trump will have us in a war fast. He's a big mouth with too much money. Not voting this time.
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #14
JGreen31
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina and LaSalle Counties

I will vote for Trump whether he is nominated as a republican or flips and runs as an independent.
JGreen31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #15
SolocamShooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

I'll vote for whoever is the republican nominee. There's too much at stake this election to sit it out. With the next POTUS nominating 3 or 4 supreme court justices we HAVE to get a good person in there or the country as we know it will be changed for the rest of our lives and possibly forever by the liberals legislating from the bench. I don't care for Donald Trump but he is dang sure better than Hillary! I only hope he will practice what he preaches.
SolocamShooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #16
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

I will vote for Trump if he wins the nomination

and if the Republican party refuses to allow him to run... I will vote for him anyway..

If Cruz wins the nomination outright I'll vote for Cruz..

but if the Republican party takes the nomination from Trump and gives it to Cruz.. I will vote for Trump..
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #17
txjustin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
As much as one might admire that thought process, by not voting for an opposite of what is in place now (real or fake at this point), you are effectively and purposely speeding that ride down the toilet - which would make you even more 'responsible' than those gambling on someone doing what they say would do?

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is a straight up democrat and is lying through his teeth, - History helps with that opinion, But undoubtedly, to take a swing with a crooked hammer and hope you don't smack your thumb is better than taking a swing with hammer that's pointed directly at your thumb.
Good, lets get this show on the road so we can flush this giant **** we've become.

Oh, I won't be voting for him. I'll vote Liberatarian. Don't particularly care if that bothers anyone.
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #18
Neck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: DeWitt County

I voted for Cruz in the primary and I'll vote for whichever republican is selected to run against Hillary in November.

Last edited by Neck; 03-08-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #19
8pointer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher county

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDude View Post
I will be voting for him if he is the Republican nominee.
Bingo
8pointer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #20
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:

When Trump gets up there and runs the country the way he runs his campaign it will be a 4 year disaster. He will ruin the name Republican and it will be nearly impossible to get another Republican elected. If Hillary gets up there and has the same disastrous 4 years (which I believe she would), we will have a good shot at getting a true conservative elected after her.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #21
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
When Trump gets up there and runs the country the way he runs his campaign it will be a 4 year disaster. He will ruin the name Republican and it will be nearly impossible to get another Republican elected. If Hillary gets up there and has the same disastrous 4 years (which I believe she would), we will have a good shot at getting a true conservative elected after her.
How'd that work out with Obama?
Old 03-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #22
deerplanter
Ten Point

It was a little before my time but I was listening to Rush earlier and he was saying a lot of people are saying the same thing about Trump that they were saying about Reagan. The people who considers themselves the "true" conservatives were saying we don't need to allow Reagan to be that close to the nuclear button and that his tax cuts would never work. Just FYI Rush is a Cruz fan. I will vote for either of the two unless it's a brokered convention and it doesn't go the way of the people.
deerplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #23
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
How did Obama ruin the Democratic name?? He went to Washington and did what he told his voters he would do. He implemented the far left policies he said he would. Or at least as many as our gutless republican lawmakers would fund for him.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #24
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

What was the op's question?
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #25
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How did Obama ruin the Democratic name?? He went to Washington and did what he told his voters he would do. He implemented the far left policies he said he would. Or at least as many as our gutless republican lawmakers would fund for him.
See bold above to keep the question in context.

IF Obama's first years were a disaster (to conservatives) but NOT to Democrats (because they are blind)..and he went two terms, how would Hillary's own "disaster" (in conservative eyes) pave the road for getting a true conservative elected after her?
Heres the math"
Obama -
Conservative viewpoint:HORRIBLE first 4 years, HORRIBLE Policies, and HORRIBLE performance
Democrat viewpoint : meh

His first tenure left the conservatives PRIMED to get a republican in the WH.
FAILED.

HILLARY:
Conservative viewpoint:HORRIBLE first 4 years, HORRIBLE Policies, and HORRIBLE performance

Her first tenure will leave the conservatives PRIMED to get a republican in the WH.
Same exact place we were after Obama's first term.

We are PRIMED NOW for a Republican/Conservative in the Whitehouse.. it does NOT get any better than this... and yet ...here we sit.. discussing how itll be easier after 4 years of Hillary...
Old 03-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #26
sasquatch
Eight Point

Hunt In: Erath County

if trump wins I will vote for him. In fact I will vote for whichever republican wins. Any one of them are far better than the dem choices.

If the republican party pulls some garbage I will vote for trump either way and will be looking for another party lol. Maybe i'll create my own
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #27
Jason
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches/Rusk County

" I believe that democracy has so far disappeared in the United States that no "two evils" exist. There is but one evil party with two names, and it will be elected despite all I can do or say. There is no third party."
W.E.B. Dubois (The Nation October 1956)

I will not vote for Trump because I do not believe he is a conservative. I believe that he and Hillary are closer in line on policy than He and the moderate republicans. Trump can put out all the statements he wants, his actions over the last 40 years show me he will be as harmful to America as any democrat.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #28
RevMS
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mills & Hamilton Counties

As it stands I will not vote for Trump in November ... however, he has one chance of redeeming himself (if he is indeed the nominee, which I hope and pray he is not) and that would be to announce his entire cabinet, VP, and SCOTUS appointment ... if that group of advisers is sufficiently strong and reasonable I might be persuaded to hold my nose and vote for him. Otherwise I may just be voting for a Libertarian for the first time in my life.
RevMS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #29
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
See bold above to keep the question in context.

IF Obama's first years were a disaster (to conservatives) but NOT to Democrats (because they are blind)..and he went two terms, how would Hillary's own "disaster" (in conservative eyes) pave the road for getting a true conservative elected after her?
Heres the math"
Obama -

His first tenure left the conservatives PRIMED to get a republican in the WH.
FAILED.

HILLARY:

Her first tenure will leave the conservatives PRIMED to get a republican in the WH.
Same exact place we were after Obama's first term.

We are PRIMED NOW for a Republican/Conservative in the Whitehouse.. it does NOT get any better than this... and yet ...here we sit.. discussing how itll be easier after 4 years of Hillary...
As long as PUFF DADDY doesn't run in four years as a republican, I think we've got a shot.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:31 PM   #30
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
As long as PUFF DADDY doesn't run in four years as a republican, I think we've got a shot.
Beyonces boy is already being prepped.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #31
LWC
Ten Point

Last edited by LWC; 03-08-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #32
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
heheh nice edit but I saw that you saw that your point wasn't really your point but mine
Old 03-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #33
Big H
Six Point

No I will not vote for Trump.
Big H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #34
on-a-mission
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County, Real County

It's not going to matter who is voted into the oval office.
Won't anything change until America votes OUT the dem and rino senators and congress and replace them with REAL conservatives who have the ball s to stand up and use the power afforded to them. That's the only way keep the president in check and have him do his job instead of all the over reaching

Last edited by on-a-mission; 03-08-2016 at 03:34 PM.
on-a-mission is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #35
XBowHunter
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Grayson/Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be10dwn View Post
I will, under no circumstances, ever vote for Donald J Trump. I don't care you think it's handing a vote to the opposition, I can't in good conscience vote for someone who I think would be a disaster. Sorry. If that makes me whatever you think it makes me, so be it. My vote, my choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Good, lets get this show on the road so we can flush this giant **** we've become.

Oh, I won't be voting for him. I'll vote Liberatarian. Don't particularly care if that bothers anyone.

this ^^^^^

under NO circumstances will i vote for donald the clown...
XBowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #36
on-a-mission
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County, Real County

BTW.. I voted Cruz and I will support the Republican nominee
on-a-mission is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #37
LWC
Ten Point

hehe....my point was anybody can call themselves a republican and run as such....doesn't mean they are one. But people don't need to look into anyone's past to see what their real views are. Just let them keep following along. I edited my prior post because I didn't want it associated with the one above it.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:40 PM   #38
Avezorak
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Brazos County and Freestone County
Default Who will not vote for Trump in November

Given the choice between
(A) Donald possibly/probably being a **** and wrecking the country

And

(B) Hillary absolutely being a **** and wrecking the country.

Ill pick A. I dont think Trump will be a great POTUS but he would have to work overtime to be worse than Hillary or Bernie.

BTW the auto edit was for tu*d, I dont swear on here if I can help it
Avezorak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #39
Gunnyart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX

Texas will go for the Republican no matter who it is. Trump doesn't need my vote.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #40
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:

And Hillary would do anything different how?
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 PM   #41
Snakelover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell Co., TX

“If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.”

-- Alexander Hamilton
Snakelover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #42
Big H
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakelover View Post
“If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.”

-- Alexander Hamilton
I like it. I will save this for future use.
Big H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #43
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
And Hillary would do anything different how?
I did not say she would be any different than Obama. I don't think Trump will be either. That is why I would vote for neither.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #44
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:

-- Alexander Hamilton
This is exactly my thinking, and I believe Trump to be an enemy of conservatism in general and the Constitution in particular. I won't say that I couldn't change my mind before November, but it would require some MAJOR convincing from Trump to convince me that I'm wrong about him. Blind faith comments of support from his fans don't do anything for me (no offense to you guys). Trump's history and current actions say a lot more about who he is than anything or anyone else ever could, and I don't like what that says about him at all.

That said, the alternative is equally horrible, so it's an extremely tough call. Also, who knows what all is going to play out in the next 8 months? There may not be a Republican Party left to worry about salvaging. Hillary may be indicted. Lord only knows what else could happen. I'll decide for sure in about 7.9 months, I imagine.

I pray that the decision will be between Ted Cruz and somebody else, not including Trump as an independent, come November.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #45
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:

-- Alexander Hamilton
My thoughts exactly.
Joshua Flournoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #46
Snacks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
This is exactly my thinking, and I believe Trump to be an enemy of conservatism in general and the Constitution in particular. I won't say that I couldn't change my mind before November, but it would require some MAJOR convincing from Trump to convince me that I'm wrong about him. Blind faith comments of support from his fans don't do anything for me (no offense to you guys). Trump's history and current actions say a lot more about who he is than anything or anyone else ever could, and I don't like what that says about him at all.

That said, the alternative is equally horrible, so it's an extremely tough call. Also, who knows what all is going to play out in the next 8 months? There may not be a Republican Party left to worry about salvaging. Hillary may be indicted. Lord only knows what else could happen. I'll decide for sure in about 7.9 months, I imagine.

I pray that the decision will be between Ted Cruz and somebody else, not including Trump as an independent, come November.
This^^
Snacks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #47
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

I will vote Republican. No matter what!
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #48
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

I am more afraid of what Trump's affect to the midterm election is senate and house seats if elected. I think I'm with Hamilton on this, but don't think I could vote for Hillary. I would vote for Bernie over Trump. No way his policies would pass and he is Pro 2nd.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #49
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

Quote:

-- Alexander Hamilton
I'm pretty sure that speech ended up with him getting shot.
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #50
bowstalker210
Six Point

Hunt In: Anywher

I've already held my nose and voted for Cruz in the primary. I won't do it again in the General. If he's the nominee, looks like I'll be voting third party (I don't believe in not voting.)
bowstalker210 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top