Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
kck
Ten Point
 
kck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: La Grange, TX
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Maverick County
Default Trump wants people on welfare to work? The nerve!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ts-for-welfare

Yes, it's FOX news and it's my homepage so there. God forbid people on welfare should actually have to make an iota of effort to have a job...and for anyone saying that jobs aren't available, I need 10-15 people right now and can't get a person of half-*** intelligence or decency to walk through the door...
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

That's racist

Tell me about your job openings?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

I have always wondered why they give folks money for doing nothing.
Seems like they would have them cleaning up parks or something
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #4
kck
Ten Point
 
kck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: La Grange, TX
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Maverick County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That's racist

Tell me about your job openings?
We've got some openings that run the gamut of our shop.

www.micomachine.com

CNC mill/lathe operator (nights would be best but days as well)
Manual mill operator (nights would be best but days as well)
Chem film/Anodize line assistant
Paint room assistant

Overtime as needed (plenty right now), 401K, insurance, etc.

Hell, the whole shop is for sale for the right price
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
kck
Ten Point
 
kck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: La Grange, TX
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Maverick County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I have always wondered why they give folks money for doing nothing.
Seems like they would have them cleaning up parks or something
Tons of work out there and everyone I know or talk to is having a helluva time trying to find anyone that's even willing to give it a shot.
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #6
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I have always wondered why they give folks money for doing nothing.
Seems like they would have them cleaning up parks or something
Refinery operators ain't all that bad!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ts-for-welfare

Yes, it's FOX news and it's my homepage so there. God forbid people on welfare should actually have to make an iota of effort to have a job...and for anyone saying that jobs aren't available, I need 10-15 people right now and can't get a person of half-*** intelligence or decency to walk through the door...
Yep, unfortunately there is an entire segment of our population that thinks they are to good to do hard work to earn a check. Percentage wise, there are very few that truly need welfare. There are a bunch that like collecting a check while making an illegal career(drug dealers, etc.). There are plenty that are collecting a check while working cash only jobs. There are plenty that are collecting a check as a single mom, when in fact, they have a significant other living with them and paying the bills. The list of people gaming the system just goes on and on.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #8
CaptainDave
Ten Point
 
CaptainDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Mandatory drug test should also be a requirement to collect a welfare check.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #9
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Mandatory drug test should also be a requirement to collect a welfare check.
Yep..If I have to pass a drug test to work, those collecting Welfare checks should have to pass one too.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #10
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Refinery operators ain't all that bad!
Lmao. Hey , watching movies and playing video games is still doing SOMETHING.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #11
CEO
Pope & Young
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

I'm worried if Lone Star card money gets cut the cost of a roach coach breakfast burrito will skyrocket. If you have to pay for your ingredients the profit has to be made up somewhere.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #12
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Mandatory drug test should also be a requirement to collect a welfare check.
I agree, but I wonder how much that will cost to execute all that will go into that ...and support it?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #13
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Yep, unfortunately there is an entire segment of our population that thinks they are to good to do hard work to earn a check. Percentage wise, there are very few that truly need welfare. There are a bunch that like collecting a check while making an illegal career(drug dealers, etc.). There are plenty that are collecting a check while working cash only jobs. There are plenty that are collecting a check as a single mom, when in fact, they have a significant other living with them and paying the bills. The list of people gaming the system just goes on and on.
yep!
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #14
Rakkasan2187
Ten Point
 
Rakkasan2187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I agree, but I wonder how much that will cost to execute all that will go into that ...and support it?
Who care's, I bet it would be a whole lot cheaper then paying the welfare folks on drugs and would eventually work it self out.
Rakkasan2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #15
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindave View Post
mandatory drug test should also be a requirement to collect a welfare check.
x1000000000000
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #16
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Great idea but it would be cheaper to give every welfare recipient 500k with a notice that there will never be another dime of free money.
They would spur the economy to about 3.5% growth the first month, and when the Escalade has 10k in rim's they would be looking for a job or starving to death in a ditch .
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com