Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #101
Clay C
Ten Point

And yet, still everyone wants to ignore that the entire investigation was founded on lies, false info and possible illegal activity on behalf of top men.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2019, 12:33 AM   #102
Draco
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
"
I do NOT hate Trump, I just do not think he is a great leader for our country
He has absolutely accomplished more than any other president in history and you don't think he is a great leader. So, if he isn't, who would you say is a great leader?
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #103
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
He has absolutely accomplished more than any other president in history and you don't think he is a great leader. So, if he isn't, who would you say is a great leader?
In the 20 years since I have started paying attention I couldn't honestly say that I have witnessed a great leader. I can remember my grandpa and a couple of uncles name a few but at this point I have not had that kinda feeling.
What makes you say that about his accomplishments? Obviously I disagree, and not trying to poke you either, just trying to glean information.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #104
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

The first president that I can remember was Eisenhower but I was much too young to know anything about politics. My first time to vote I cast my ballot for George Wallace. I still didn't know jack about politics but had already had me a dose of Johnson since I was a Vietnam Vet. I do remember thinking Nixon was a crook and it turned out he was hence my vote for Wallace. From that time on I never voted FOR someone but rather against someone until Regan came along. Once he was gone I again had to resort to voting against someone up until Trump ran. In my lifetime only two Presidents have stood out to be great leaders. One is still in office and the other is pushing up daisies. Here's one for the Gipper
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #105
Barrett
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
The first president that I can remember was Eisenhower but I was much too young to know anything about politics. My first time to vote I cast my ballot for George Wallace. I still didn't know jack about politics but had already had me a dose of Johnson since I was a Vietnam Vet. I do remember thinking Nixon was a crook and it turned out he was hence my vote for Wallace. From that time on I never voted FOR someone but rather against someone until Regan came along. Once he was gone I again had to resort to voting against someone up until Trump ran. In my lifetime only two Presidents have stood out to be great leaders. One is still in office and the other is pushing up daisies. Here's one for the Gipper
thanks for your service
Old 03-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #106
Draco
Pope & Young

That you don't recognize his accomplishments is troubling. By any measure of a president, other than personality, he has been the best. The only thing he hasn't addressed that troubles me is not addressing the national debt a little more.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #107
Barrett
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
That you don't recognize his accomplishments is troubling. By any measure of a president, other than personality, he has been the best. The only thing he hasn't addressed that troubles me is not addressing the national debt a little more.
Can you provide me with some details.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #108
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Don't know why..You'll refute them

More people working
More blacks working
Re-worked NAFTA into a better deal

Making progress with N Korea

And it's also what he's trying to do and getting blocked by both sides that counts also. How many other politicians actually tried to live up to their promises? Roughly zero besides Trump. That right there says everything. But here's where you chime in and say what about "xyz"
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #109
Barrett
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Don't know why..You'll refute them

More people working
More blacks working
Re-worked NAFTA into a better deal

Making progress with N Korea

And it's also what he's trying to do and getting blocked by both sides that counts also. How many other politicians actually tried to live up to their promises? Roughly zero besides Trump. That right there says everything. But here's where you chime in and say what about "xyz"
Just asking for details why that's all. Thanks
Old 03-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #110
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Two new Supreme Court Justices is his biggest most important accomplishment. Everything else is just extra icing on top.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2019, 12:35 AM   #111
Draco
Pope & Young

[QUOTE=Barrett;14026678]Can you provide me with some details.[/QUOTE

If you haven't noticed every thing he's done then you have blinded your self to reality and will never see it. I apologize for even bringing it, I truly am.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:41 AM   #112
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
In the 20 years since I have started paying attention I couldn't honestly say that I have witnessed a great leader. I can remember my grandpa and a couple of uncles name a few but at this point I have not had that kinda feeling.
What makes you say that about his accomplishments? Obviously I disagree, and not trying to poke you either, just trying to glean information.
He might not be what YOU call great but he is by far the best Ive seen in my 53 years...
Yea the rest have been just that bad.....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #113
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Quote:
I agree, but within the last 20 years or so we had:

Obama - worst ever IMO...
Bush - not great, but not horrible either...
Clinton - I don’t think anyone in history has disgraced the office of President more...

So for 16 of those 24 years we had (2) two-term dems in office...
IMO Trump needs to get the hell off Twitter, but in comparison to those the last 24 years, HE has been the real “hope & change”....
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #114
Barrett
Ten Point

[quote=Draco;14028097]
Quote:
Can you provide me with some details.[/QUOTE

If you haven't noticed every thing he's done then you have blinded your self to reality and will never see it. I apologize for even bringing it, I truly am.
In point of fact, I have noticed everything he has done sir. Doesn't mean I have to put them all into the accomplishment box though.
You do realize that accomplishments are honed in perception and opinion right. All I was asking was to hear what you thought his are because they differ from even other conservatives. If you think otherwise then maybe blinders are ubiquitous here.
Thanks to those who took my inquiry seriously. I'd love to hear more.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #115
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

He single handedly exposed the swamp.

Myself and others have pointed out how crooked the entire Cohen testimony was from the get go. No one else could have taken on the swamp, repub or dem. Most certainly not Clinton or Benie.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top