2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    Yes sir! You ask and you shall receive! We ended up with about 0.4”, very thankful!!
    Never mind, we had 1.2” in one gauge, and 1.9” in the other. Very very thankful. It just goes to show that a mile away can have very different rain totals

Comment

Another pig bites the dust
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Headed to San Saba in the AM. Hopefully KAP a few too! time to get another load of protein.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Congrats! Headed to San Saba in the AM. Hopefully KAP a few too! time to get another load of protein.
          Let us know how everything is looking out there! Have a good one

Comment

Not quite as green around Roosevelt now as it was a month ago, but still in really good shape for July. I killed an axis yesterday . He had layers of fat on him, inside and out. Had layers of ticks on him too though. All that rain and tall grass is good for ticks too.

Comment

Nice, congrats

pray for rain

Comment

Beautiful buck Shane!! Congrats!

Comment

Great deer Shane!

Comment

That is one heck of a buck! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Let’s see if i can figure out how to post a trail cam video:

Not sure if that’ll work or not.

Comment

Had a great time at the ranch in San Saba. Not as pretty and green as a couple of weeks ago, but still really nice for July. Had 3/10th's in the gauge sometimes in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully get a shower or 2 soon. With this heat & wind,it will be dry soon. Killed a pig Fri evening. Been working this group over for awhile. There was 19 at 1st. 3 big sows & 13 little ones. Got it whittled down to 8 eight young ones. Some bucks starting to look really nice now. The deer are hammering protein & the waterers now. Be back up next week to check everything out again.

Comment

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

I did a full thread but want to get on the board on this one. Fredericksburg, Pedernales on Saturday morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man, heck of a buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats guys on the nice axis!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                                Oh man, heck of a buck! Congrats!
                                Thanks, my buddy that owns the land was describing him to me a week or so ago and I stopped him mid-sentence and asked why he wasn't shooting it. He's got a few monsters running around there, so he's holding out for something bigger. This one went 31 and 29 on right and left, so as someone that's never shot an axis buck before, I couldn't be more happy with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X