Recovery rope size ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery rope size ?

I found a place to buy kinetic rope, ( same a Bubba rope) I can buy for about 1/3 the price as named brand ( and USA made)
    I bought 1 inch x35 foot it has a pull rating of 34K
    The 1 1/8 = 44K

Trying to figure out if a bought too big , what size y’all use ?
    As the price is cheaper I could buy another size and still be in the black

If it’s not too burdensome to store or carry then you bought the right size

Comment

Not entirely true. It works by stretching, if you have rope designed for 1 ton trucks on 37’s and you’re using it with two Jeeps, it’s not going to stretch. There is a chart out there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        If it’s not too burdensome to store or carry then you bought the right size
        Crud didn’t think about storing it in my toolbox @ 30ft long

Manufacturer said 4:1 weight ratio on heaviest vehicle

“” If your vehicle weighs 7,000 lbs that gives you a 4:1 safety factor. Remember that when you are snatching you introduce dynamic loads which will be far larger than the weight of your vehicle alone.””
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-12-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I love my 30' Bubba Rope and it fits right back into its bag after every use, along with a couple of extra shackles. Just get you a small duffel to keep your rope in. It should store pretty easily.

Comment

Matt's offroad recovery on Youtube uses a 55k rope and pulls out everything from cars to RV's with a Jeep Cherokee. Personally, I haven't ever used them because to their bulk and price and haven't seen one in use on the trails. We generally use the 20k tow straps or if it's really bad a winch or two. Most of what I do is rock crawling so getting a running start usually isn't an option.

Where did you find them so cheap? There's has been a few times I could have used one if the price was right.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
              Matt's offroad recovery on Youtube uses a 55k rope and pulls out everything from cars to RV's with a Jeep Cherokee. Personally, I haven't ever used them because to their bulk and price and haven't seen one in use on the trails. We generally use the 20k tow straps or if it's really bad a winch or two. Most of what I do is rock crawling so getting a running start usually isn't an option.

Where did you find them so cheap? There's has been a few times I could have used one if the price was right.
              On the internet @ rope supply for $2.15 per foot , free shipping
              https://youtu.be/1GvXKiH1kLw Rope splicing video ( but you need a splice kit $31 ) or pay $25 for rope supply to make the loops
              Beats $400 @ Bubba

I watch Matt’s/Winder towing he is sponsored by yankum rope ( they use 1” barge mooring line )
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-12-2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

saw one on offer up yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  On the internet @ rope supply
                  What website?

Comment

Crud didn’t think about storing it in my toolbox @ 30ft long

Manufacturer said 4:1 weight ratio on heaviest vehicle

“” If your vehicle weighs 7,000 lbs that gives you a 4:1 safety factor. Remember that when you are snatching you introduce dynamic loads which will be far larger than the weight of your vehicle alone.””
                    That was more of a reference of it doesn’t matter how big or small it is if you leave it at the house. They only do you good if you’re willing to carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                      What website?

Here are ROPE.com we are building the largest selection of rope in all sizes, types, colors, and uses. We partner with the best manufacturers to stock our warehouse so you can buy your favorite lines by the foot. You use to have to choose between quality and quantity — now you can have both.

Is one place. Though I ordered mine from a different company
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-14-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

On the internet @ rope supply for $2.15 per foot , free shipping
                        https://youtu.be/1GvXKiH1kLw Rope splicing video ( but you need a splice kit $31 ) or pay $25 for rope supply to make the loops
                        Beats $400 @ Bubba

I watch Matt’s/Winder towing he is sponsored by yankum rope ( they use 1” barge mooring line )
                        ARB makes a pretty nice Snatch Strap around $100. It’s not a rope, but does stretch. (Same Concept)

I’ve used it to pull a couple 3/4 tons out of sand down on SPI, As well as to pull my bottomed out Z71 with my Tacoma.

Comment

Just got my rope delivered, splicing it today and poly coating the loops today
                          Stoked to test it , as I had to move a storm fallen tree with a chain this morning
                          Will post some pictures of final results, $100 compared to $300 store bought

Comment

Mind posting the website you used.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                              Mind posting the website you used.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              X2?

Comment

Working...
                              X