Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day

If other eyes grow dull and other hands slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well as long as the light and warmth of life remain in us.

Let us, then, at the time appointed, gather around their sacred remains, and garland the passionless mounds above them with choicest flowers of springtime; let us raise above them the dear old flag they saved; let us in this solemn presence renew our pledge to aid and assist those whom they have left among us a sacred charge upon the Nation's gratitude—the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan.

Very nice. Great words.

Comment

The words were first spoken May 1868

Comment

Very nice, Rob! It's hard to believe Zak has been gone for nearly 8 years.

Comment

Powerful words and great pictures, just another reminder that freedom doesn't come free. Thank you for the reminder.

Comment

Yes it's hard to believe Scott...seems like yesterday. Zak was made of the best stuff and it's rare to find men like him from any generation.

The San Antonio Veterans Memorial has 16 Medal of Honor recipients and the grounds go back to the 1860s....... Kerrville goes back to the 30s. I visit both periodically, my reality check on life.

Comment

Great stuff, Rob.

Comment

Well done shipmate.

Comment

Nice images, Rob! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice images - well done! Always puts a lump in my throat - we owe them so much...

Comment

Those commentaries are just amazing… they really are a reality check.. Great photos!

Comment

Awesome Pictures

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                          X