No announcement yet.

I agree with Chuck Schumer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how he supports state rights when the agenda fits his, but for federal oversight/heavy hand when it does not

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      The vast majority of the people are already stupid, we don't need them stupider. I'm a firm believer pot makes you stupider.

I do agree it should be the States rights though.
      So does alcohol, hunting, fishing, sex... among other things

Comment

I really feel for you if you need drugs and or alcohol to make it through your daily life.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          There is zero evidence to back that.

Here are my reasons:

1. Freedom (**** you stay out of my business)
          2. Massive reduction in Cartel activity (see prohibition of the 20th century America)
          3. States that have legalized marijuana have had an almost 50 percent reduction in opioid prescriptions and deaths related to opioid overdose.
          4. Freedom (see 1.)
          5. Science has proven there to be a plethora of medical uses and health benefits
          6. LE resources would be freed up to combat actual crime as in crimes of moral turpitude.
          While 2 - 6 are legitimate, I'm good with #1 as the only argument needed. And, I also agree with your distaste for agreeing with Schumer, but when he's right, he's right. Doesn't happen often. It'll be ok. Oddly enough, he did this after Trump indicated his openness or desire to do it about a month or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
            So does alcohol, hunting, fishing, sex... among other things

Amen! Alcohol and sex have led to many a bad decision for many a good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
              I really feel for you if you need drugs and or alcohol to make it through your daily life.
              Thanks, your sympathy means a lot. Ill let the guys know at the next PTSD therapy session that you have feelings on the subject and we will take a vote on how many give a single ****.

Comment

Hopefully Texas will keep it illegal. Let the stoners move away.

Comment

Leave it up to the states! Lets be honest, booze has caused more car wrecks, more fatal car wrecks, more domestic violence cases, and more overdose deaths than weed ever will.. Should anyone "abuse" any of these things, no. Does that mean we shouldn't do them, I don't think so. When I was in the Navy and had surgery I was given Motrin 800s as a pain reliever (allergic to codeine), the Motrin damaged my kidneys, what would have weed done for me? I wasn't able to work, I was on convalescent leave for 8 weeks, wasn't allowed on a ship.. I'm with JSweet on this, especially when you bring in the guys that suffer from PTSD, them doing this "illegally" is helping and way better than prozac or zanex or zoloft and beer..

The issue isn't what drugs you're strung out on, its whose..

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    Hopefully Texas will keep it illegal. Let the stoners move away.
                    Texas has already legalized medical, and its predicted to be one of the states to soon legalize it

Comment

One thing for sure it shouldn't be listed as a schedule one drug. Make it legal for taxes & new business benefits

Comment

I feel for you if you dont start your day with, coffee.

Comment

Dont know a ton of people that need it - but recreationally speaking, for some fun times, it isn't an issue for me.

I have never and will never.

I believe that's how it is supposed to work. Dont have to agree with everything, but you live and let live knowing you are doing what you believe is right for your Family.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Dont know a ton of people that need it - but recreationally speaking, for some fun times, it isn't an issue for me.

I have never and will never.

I believe that's how it is supposed to work. Dont have to agree with everything, but you live and let live knowing you are doing what you believe is right for your Family.
                            Unfortunately, I do know a bunch that need it. My comment is in reference to them. I have no problem with the recreational user but I know to many people by the time they go to sleep every night can't talk in a coherent sentence. My dad's best friend and my name sake drinks a 30 pack every day or other day. My comment is in reference to them. The occasional drink or smoke to me isn't a big deal but I see a lot of people that go way above and beyond that on a daily basis. We all have our vices some people's are worse than others. My vice is food.
                            Last edited by Horn chaser; 05-17-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              The vast majority of the people are already stupid, we don't need them stupider. I'm a firm believer pot makes you stupider.

I do agree it should be the States rights though.
                              Sounds like you just smoked a bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                Sounds like you just smoked a bowl.
                                Go back 30 years ago and you would probably be correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X