2006 Chevy Duramax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Chevy Duramax

Does anyone have a 2006 chevy duramaz 6.6L lbz and have they ever done an EGR delete? My check engine light continues to go on and off so I ran the code and it's and egr valve, sensor alarm. Been doing some research and the only way to get rid of the problem for good is to do an EGR delete. There are so many kits out there ranging form $75 -$1700 and up. They all seem to have the same parts in them so I'm wondering if anyone on here has done it and what kit did you use. Just don't want to spend the big money if I can get it done for cheaper. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

following

Comment

There was a reputable diesel shop posting on here yesterday. If I were you, I would call one of them, and ask them. They can probably point you in the right direction as to how to fix.

One thing I learned deleting mine, the more $ you spend, the better quality you get, and the longer it will last. That being said, on mine, its essentially a set of fittings which plug the egr ports, and a programmer to tell the truck computer nothing is wrong with the egr.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        There was a reputable diesel shop posting on here yesterday. If I were you, I would call one of them, and ask them. They can probably point you in the right direction as to how to fix.

One thing I learned deleting mine, the more $ you spend, the better quality you get, and the longer it will last. That being said, on mine, its essentially a set of fittings which plug the egr ports, and a programmer to tell the truck computer nothing is wrong with the egr.
        Sweet, maybe they'll chime in in a bit and help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
          Sweet, maybe they'll chime in in a bit and help me out.
          Did you delete yours, yourself?

Comment

I'm going to. Just wanna make sure I buy the right delete kit.

Comment

You WILL NEED custom tunes or a programmer to tell the computer to ignore the egr valve when you delete it. Make sure and delete the egr cooler and heater grid as well. You could also do an LB7 passenger side up pipe while your there, this eliminates having to use a blocker plate and having the stock up pipe blow out later. They usually always do at some point. Sinister diesel makes a great kit as well as these guys

Comment

I have the same truck. You will have to a tuner in it. To make the light go off. If not it will stay on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                  I have the same truck. You will have to a tuner in it. To make the light go off. If not it will stay on.
                  Yeah, hopfully the one I have on it will work I'll have to do some research on that though. I just want it fixed. Running like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                    You WILL NEED custom tunes or a programmer to tell the computer to ignore the egr valve when you delete it. Make sure and delete the egr cooler and heater grid as well. You could also do an LB7 passenger side up pipe while your there, this eliminates having to use a blocker plate and having the stock up pipe blow out later. They usually always do at some point. Sinister diesel makes a great kit as well as these guys

http://www.rivercitydiesel.com/index...hk=1&Itemid=54
                    Thank you sir I'll look at those and will have to look up the up pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                      Did you do it to yours? And what tuner did you use? I got a sinister kit yesterday

Comment

I can do efi live on your truck with either a single tune or put a switch on it and have 5 different tunes.

Comment

my son has the same engine he got an egr block plate and a finger stick(i think thats what is was called) it wires into egr harness to keep light off. Hes had it about a year with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                            I can do efi live on your truck with either a single tune or put a switch on it and have 5 different tunes.
                            About how much would this cost? I have a programer that is deleting the straight pipe now, previous owner ad that done. I know zero about that stuff. I can turn wrenches but that's about as far as I go. Going to the lease to pick up the 97 chev this weekend, so hopfully I can find time do get it done before mid week

Comment

Originally posted by wdixon View Post
                              my son has the same engine he got an egr block plate and a finger stick(i think thats what is was called) it wires into egr harness to keep light off. Hes had it about a year with no problems.
                              That's sounds sweet and simple

Comment

Working...
                              X