No announcement yet.

Boots Oneal - Legendary Cowboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch about an hour of videos about him today. Truly a dying breed.

Comment

Great watch....That man has had a many of long hard days in the saddle.

Comment

My step father worked with him way back in the day and has known he and his brother Wes for 50 years, speaks very highly of the man.

Comment

Wow, that was really great. What a unique piece of ranching history - he worked at many of the great spreads - 6666, the Waggoner, The Matador, etc. He is about the last of a generation - not many cowboys of that era left.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Have known him all my life(67), worked with him and for him. He is quite a character.

Comment

The stories he could tell would be amazing to hear in person

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                  Have known him all my life(67), worked with him and for him. He is quite a character.
                  I'm sure you have a few tales you could share.

I love hearing men of this generation tell how it was "back then" = no excuses, no what if's, no regrets. Thats just how it was and what you did.

On a horse 8-10 hours a day, slept in a tent and ate from the chuck wagon 10 months of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                    I'm sure you have a few tales you could share.

I love hearing men of this generation tell how it was "back then" = no excuses, no what if's, no regrets. Thats just how it was and what you did.

On a horse 8-10 hours a day, slept in a tent and ate from the chuck wagon 10 months of the year.
                    Sounds awesome!
                    Sure beats sitting in a office chair, staring at a screen all day, eating McDonalds 12 months outa the yr.
                    Probably why he can do the things he does at his age.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this

Comment

Very cool! Man said he's been punching cows for 70 something years! Can you imagine the stories and knowledge that man has to share? I'd like to share a fire with that man and just listen to him talk.

Comment

Working...
                        X