F150 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 5.0

Does anyone have experience with a high millage f150 with a 5.0 motor? I'm looking at buying one on craigslist, i've heard good things about the 5.0 but was just wondering if anyone out there has gotten 300,000 miles out of theirs. Are there any common problems I should be thinking about or could use as ammo when the price negotiation starts.

I just sold mine, had 109K on it. Still ran like a champ, just don't expect to pull anything with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
      I just sold mine, had 109K on it. Still ran like a champ, just don't expect to pull anything with it.

And why is that?

Have a 2014 5.0 and it's a beast. Haul heavy loads all the time no problem either in the bed or pulling a trailer.

OP as far as mileage I have a friend who has one that is at 265k miles. Still runs great.

Comment

Right on, thanks for the input.

Comment

I just got rid of mine, it was a great truck but had major engine problems at 113k

Comment

188K on my 2014 still going strong!

Comment

2015 with 165,000 and pulls a mule 6 days a week 300 miles a day .
              Runs good .

Comment

Had mine a year, an '18 King ranch, 51,000 miles and so far best F150 I've had (my 4th one).

Comment

What year? Old square body 80’s or newer coyote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was a 12, wouldn't pull my 31' bumper pull, or my tractor. Get and f250, they pull anything

Comment

I have a 16 f150 5.0 198k miles runs great
                      make sure the oil has been changed regularly that is important in them if it has 300K> it has most likely been maintained correctly!!

Ron

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. It’s a 2011 with 178,000 miles. I don’t need to tow anything I mostly just want the 4x4 for camping and hunting. I go hunting out west so this thing is gonna see some off-road use. I like f250s but the gas trucks get 10mpg, that kinda sucks. I don’t want this to turn into a gas vs diesel thing but I want a gas truck.

Comment

Great motors. As long as it has been maintained!

Comment

I am really like the 2018 5.0. It has something like 390 hp. Seems to be a real mule of an engine.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                            X