No announcement yet.

Land Owner Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you tell the landowner you were getting off the lease prior to you going to retrieve your belongings?

Comment

Sounds like you are going to lose your stuff, or it will be damaged.

Comment

Timing is strange.

Comment

possession is 9/10ths of the law. She can just as easily tell the sheriff it's hers. She kinda wins this battle if she wants to.

Comment

Good luck, OP........I'm afraid you're gonna need it.

Comment

You're not getting it back. Sorry to say.

Comment

When did your lease expire? If it hasn’t then cut the lock and go get your ****. If expired then you are probably SOL

Comment

There's never been any problems with her, we've always been more than willing to help around the property. We've cut the hay field, fixed fences, tended to livestock, worked on the equipment, the list goes on. I can still see the trailer since is close to the front gate, as well as a couple of the stands, some of the others are deeper into property and not visible. Probably the only thing we wont be able to get is our large box blind as it is 10x10 all metal, but darn sure going to remove the Deerview windows from it.

We think the new boyfriend in the influence for closing everyone out. He seems to be a hot head. We don't owe, actually we're more than payed up through this hunting season since one of the guys helped her in hard times. The trailer is titled so this should hopefully help in identifying what is rightfully ours. We definitely have trail cam pictures to should the feeders and stands. Seems as though we're going to need the help local law.

Comment

So you’re paid up for the season and she just locked you out of lease you’ve been on for several years? That’s either real strange or leaving a whole lot out of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                      If you meet the bully land owner don't let her get the drop on you. Throat punch her first and that will make sure she never bullies you again and everything will be ok. That's what my parents taught me.
                      This sounds like a good plan. I hope you're joking.

Comment

Weird deal. Like most said, calling the Law would be the best bet. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Comment

Do you have a signed lease with date it expires?

Comment

Need to know what date you hunters cancelled hunting lease for this year? Being a land owner I would be ****** if you cancelled right before season.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
                              possession is 9/10ths of the law. She can just as easily tell the sheriff it's hers. She kinda wins this battle if she wants to.
                              The person who coined the 9/10ths phrase is 9/10ths moron.

Comment

Folks i was just looking for advice! Of course i didn't give every little detail, we simply wanted to get a few things to set up on another property that we will be hunting. It is not our intention to get of off the lease at least it wasn't. I'm usually a very understanding and forgiving person! If i lose my possessions it is what it is, they can be replaced. The others may be less accepting.

I appreciate those who gave good suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X