No announcement yet.

“Waco” on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So anyone know anything about the new group down there?
    All I know is second hand information, from a property owner I did some work for.
    His land backs up to theirs.
    They are huge, congregation wise.
    Have a compound.
    Have an enormous piece of land.
    Own half(?) the businesses in Waco.
    They are crazy.
    Will back their believers in any business, but all the money goes to them.
    Etc..etc..
    He also said there are a lot of shady circumstances involving them.
    This is Southwest of West, NW of Waco roughly.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      So anyone know anything about the new group down there?
      All I know is second hand information, from a property owner I did some work for.
      His land backs up to theirs.
      They are huge, congregation wise.
      Have a compound.
      Have an enormous piece of land.
      Own half(?) the businesses in Waco.
      They are crazy.
      Will back their believers in any business, but all the money goes to them.
      Etc..etc..
      He also said there are a lot of shady circumstances involving them.
      This is Southwest of West, NW of Waco roughly.
      That's very interesting. I don't live over there any more and have not heard anything about it from friends that do.

They never stopped existing though. That mess scattered them but The Branch Davidians still had a very loyal following base.

Are they on the same property?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I watched it, good show. But i wonder how much of it is actually accurate and how much was enhanced or made up for good tv. But if even close to true it sure makes the ATF and FBI look like morons

Comment

We are currently watching the new season of Bosch.

Comment

“Waco” on Netflix

Just finished. I was 13 years old and growing up on the other side of Waco when this happened. After this went down, we often referred to where we lived as the “good side of Waco” when somebody reacted to you living near Waco.

It’s amazing the difference in my thoughts then and and the ones I have right now. I understand the truth always lies somewhere in the middle, but it’s not sitting well with me tonight.

Comment

I haven't seen the show but lived in Mexia at the time so it was big news. The news papers of the time stated before the stand off and fire that Corresh jogged every morning down the dirt road the compound was on. Feds could have picked him up any time they wanted without a fight but they wanted to make a big show out of it but it got bigger than they expected.

Comment

We just finished last night too. Between that and Ruby ridge and j Edgar Hoover, the FBI still thinks they can get away with whatever they want. The heck with our rights. Look what they did to Trump and friends.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Janet Reno and Bill Clinton....

Between RR, WACO and Elian Gonzales I dont know how those 2 didnt end up in jail....

Oh wait, they are democrats...nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                    We just finished last night too. Between that and Ruby ridge and j Edgar Hoover, the FBI still thinks they can get away with whatever they want. The heck with our rights. Look what they did to Trump and friends.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                    They pretty much can and they know it which is why they do the is kind of stuff. Oh and include the ATF as well.

Comment

Just finished it. It was good! I was 12 back then and barely remember it so it was kinda shocking and interesting.

Comment

Finished it two nights ago. I thought it was good. A good friend of mine from high school (on the wresting team together and graduated at the same time) joined either the FBI and was there. He quit right after Waco and doesn't talk about what happened.

Comment

Finished it last night. I was a Sr in high school and all I ever knew was they (people inside) set fire and committed suicide when FBI tried to come in. Sure gives you a different view of the situation. I’ll have to go watch Ruby Ridge too. My disdain for the government grows with each passing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                            This happened under Clinton's watch along with Janet Reno. They send in the ATF initially and I believe they went about it in the wrong way. The reason we don't really know the truth is because__________. I will let you fill in the blank. If they really wanted to arrest them without a gun fight there were multiple oppurtunities for them t do so.
                            Was Koresh a nut? I believe he was.
                            Did they have to kill all of those children inside? HELL NO
                            They dubbed it Operation "Showtime" for a reason.

Comment

Anybody else notice that the guy playing David Koresh is the linebacker from Friday Night Lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                Just finished. I was 13 years old and growing up on the other side of Waco when this happened. After this went down, we often referred to where we lived as the “good side of Waco” when somebody reacted to you living near Waco.

It’s amazing the difference in my thoughts then and and the ones I have right now. I understand the truth always lies somewhere in the middle, but it’s not sitting well with me tonight.
                                Same. I was 27 and home on leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X