New Rifle For Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rifle For Bowhunting

"Not in our life time", well that's what we were told when the NRA pushed the crossbows into the archery only season.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thumper; 01-19-2019, 06:31 PM.

People think just that, they are not a rifle!

Comment

Vertical crossbows have been around for a few years. I know a couple of people that have and hunt with them. It's really no different that a horizontal crossbow. Or a "Draw Lock". Remember those?

Comment

The air bow is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should use them just like a regular bow, close. We all know the reaction time of the deer is fast and a crossbow is not quite.

Comment

I have one but would shoot at a whitetail deer much passed 20 yards. They are loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Vertical crossbows have been around for a few years. I know a couple of people that have and hunt with them. It's really no different that a horizontal crossbow. Or a "Draw Lock". Remember those?
              This is a horizontal crossbow with 6" axel to axel that shoots 3" groups at 100 yards.

Photo of add in Bowhunter Magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                This is a horizontal crossbow with 6" axel to axel that shoots 3" groups at 100 yards.

Photo of add in Bowhunter Magazine.

Yep. I failed to notice it's a horizontal. 6" cocked is getting pretty narrow. The sideways pic got me . Wonder what the A2A is relaxed. I'll have to look into this one. Might even get one, and sell the one I've got (CX Supercoil).

Narrow cocked has been the going trend on upper end x-bow technology. 100 yards and 3" is only with a very well experienced shooter, shooting a target block with a very well tuned x-bow off a bi-pod and shooting rest. But I guess field archery at 110 meters doesn't compare?
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-19-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I think as long as people are hunting and humanely killing stuff who cares. If you have a tag, legally fill it. I have my thoughts and preferences but at the end of the day, I’m going to do it my way. I don’t care what you do, even if I think you’re a girly man.

Comment

Seen the latest one? R26 is more compact, axel to axel 5.75”.

Comment

Just another tool, know your limits.

Comment

Actually, we stepped on the slippery slope when we allowed compounds into our archery seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                          Just another tool, know your limits.

Yep. I enjoy hunt-n all kinds of stuff from grass hoppers for fish-n bait with a air gun, to bull frogs with a blow gun, to snakes with my snake catcher. Even talopia with a throw net, squirrels and rats with air rifle or a wrist rocket, pistol hunting pigs in the dark with just a flashlight and single shot pistol. And just about anything else that's legal. It's all about the hunt.

Comment

I was about to say I saw a guy shooting groups not much larger than that with a wheel bow. Probably 5-6 inch 5 shot group. It was something to witness.

It does not bother me at all. Good for them and go hunt with it. My sticks only shoot about 150 fps and I'm effective out to about 17 yards. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                              Seen the latest one? R26 is more compact, axel to axel 5.75”.
                              Local shop got a demo today while I was there. Less than 6in ata when cocked.. 26in from tip to tip 8n length... compact to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X