LBJ License Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ License Question

I have a super combo license. Recently I was told I need some kind of public land stamp to hunt in LBJ. Is this true? Can anyone tell me what exactly license I need since nobody at Academy cabellas or walmart has any idea *** they are doing!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you are going to the caddo grasslands you will need a type 2 hunting license that cost $48.00 anually

Comment

You are good to go at LBJ.

Comment

If it a WMA you have to have a type 2 permit, if it's any other public land you should be good with what you have.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always heard that LBJ grasslands don't require the APH. On that note, I hunt there and also own the permit. When I bought the permit the manual didn't list LBJ in it. Now Caddo Grasslands is a different story.

Comment

LBJ requires no special permits. Just your standard hunting license. No APH, etc. It's sister property, Caddo National Grasslands, does however require APH.

Be aware that you are not allowed to shoot does during firearm season, with the exception of a few days around Thanksgiving.

Also, if you're planning on going with the boomstick instead of your bow, make sure it is a shotgun (with slugs) or a muzzleloader. No rifles allowed.

Comment

Been hunting it all season with the bow....switching to muzzleloader this weekend!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

No permit required for the grasslands in Wise county by Decatur.

It is required on certain unit at Caddo,... north of Denton some where...

Edit: I must be get-n old. Feetdown done beat me to post-n.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetDown View Post
                  LBJ requires no special permits. Just your standard hunting license. No APH, etc. It's sister property, Caddo National Grasslands, does however require APH.

Be aware that you are not allowed to shoot does during firearm season, with the exception of a few days around Thanksgiving.

Also, if you're planning on going with the boomstick instead of your bow, make sure it is a shotgun (with slugs) or a muzzleloader. No rifles allowed.
                  Wise County has an extended anterless season in January. Doesn't this apply to LBJ?

Comment

As othere have stated, the grasslands requires no APH permit. Haven't been there in several years due to how crowded it can get, but I used to do pretty well with duck out there. Good luck if if you make it out there this year.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                        Wise County has an extended anterless season in January. Doesn't this apply to LBJ?
                        No. The LBJ doe days are this Thursday 11/24 to this Sunday 11/27. Buckshot and slugs are legal. No center fire or rim fire rifles allowed.

The Caddo National Grasslands are comprised of three different land units. The Bois D'Arc and Ladonia Units are WMA's and require the APH permit. The Fannin Unit is archery only for deer and hogs and does not require the APH permit.

Comment

What does Special Late Season (Jan 2-15) apply to?

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                            What does Special Late Season (Jan 2-15) apply to?
                            All of Wise County except LBJ. In other words, private land in Wise County.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              All of Wise County except LBJ. In other words, private land in Wise County.
                              Dang that sucks! Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                              X