Patriotism At Little Mexico In Palestine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patriotism At Little Mexico In Palestine

I wanted to share this with the green screen. If yall want to pass this along on Facebook of any other way, It would be appreciated.

Yesterday, My wife and I drove to Palestine to tend to a little business. We got delayed and decided to go eat about 230pm. I hadnt been to Little Mexico in years and decided to drop by. When we pulled up, the deadest time of day, The parking lot was packed. We walked inside and the waiting to seat area was full. It still only took about 15 minutes to be seated. There was a family sitting across from us and I figured it was some kind of reunion because they kept standing up and hugging folks and visiting.

Our waitress was very prompt but running wide open. Finally it started slowing down a little and I asked her if they were expecting this kind of rush. She said that they WERE. She told me that this was the 26th consecutive year that the owner had declared free meals for any Veteran on Veterans day. That was the owner sitting across from me that was standing up and thanking veterans for their service. Anything on the menu was okay. They told me that this year, 8 other business were following suit.

The food was good, the service was excellent, and the feeling of patriotism was just fantastic. I would encourage any of you that travel or live near Palestine, Tx to drop by and give your support to people that support our troops!

Please pass this along and let Little Mexico know you appreciate what they do. Thanks Steve Barclay

Very cool!

Comment

Thats awesome! If I ever go that way, I will spend my money there.

Comment

nice......

Comment

That is awesome. I go thru there a few time a year. Ill be sure to stop and give them my business..

Comment

That is very cool!!

Comment

Good to see businesses recognizing and appreciating our veterans.

Comment

I never been there but next time I am out that way I will give them my business. Good to see businesses doing this type of thing. It has become rare.

Comment

That is awesome. God bless America

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

My sister lives in Fairfield. When we visit her sometimes we drive over just to Palestine just to eat at "Little Mexico." I am glad they are not only a good place to grub, but also patriotic.

Comment

where they located. I'll try to eat there someday and tell em thanks.

Comment

Not what I was expecting when I read the title of this thread. I didn't know you were talking about a restaurant.

Comment

I'll have to pack the family up and go support them soon! Thanks for letting us know Steve!

Comment

I have been there. Great food

Comment

Working...
                              X