This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    My biggest concern with this is its affect on future random kindness in the form of prayer or monetary giving. I know I will be more cautious.
    This will never stop me from sending prayers. I pray daily, sometimes several times a day. I am thankful for everything the Lord has giving me. Sending prayers for someone, even if the circumstances are not what you think, isn’t a bad thing.

I am glad a go fund me account was never started, because I would have sent money...

The one good thing about that thread was knowing there are a bunch of caring folks on this site.

Comment

This ordeal will not sway the good people on this sight. I know that for a fact.

Comment

Ahhh I see. Her most recent name was crt on here.

Comment

So is Jenn and Courtney the same person?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            Brandon, you certainly remain a hero as far as I'm concerned. I believe we all are to do good things selflessly, and let God sort it out when deceit rears its ugly head. You, and all the prayer warriors that make up this site did what we should have done. Now, it is out of our hands.

Still makes me want to punch a baby though!
            Makes me want to throat punch that biatch

Comment

I will continue to pray for those that ask for help
              But the others that did this knowingly for personal gains I can only say one thing
              HELL HAS A SPOT FOR YOU WAITING

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                So is Jenn and Courtney the same person?

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Michael,

What was the angle if you do mind expanding & how did we (be it tbh or Brandon) realize the sucker punch?? I know there was some interest in helping monetarily, but I don't recall seeing a reappearing gofundme or other being harped over & over for requested donations. I do not understand where member texas tornado falls into all of this if 'Jenn' is a charade. I hope I'm not pushing this too far, but still a little confused on the connections.

No ill will here & am inline with Charlie...I trust the little I'm out will ultimately have God's Word placed where it needs to be. In my experience, God always turns these uncomfortable situations into closure leading to His glory. I'm hanging my hat on this.

I'm mostly worried about Brandon & concerned he is unnecessarily beating himself up for all the emotion & time he poured into this...<><

Paul

Paul, The "angle" is still uncertain. Probably will remain that way, to be honest.

Several people expressed skepticism to us, privately, when talk began of collecting donations. As we tend to do, we gave benefit of doubt and I, personally, couldn't imagine anybody concocting such an elaborate deception. That said, we opted to monitor the thread closely, particularly with regard to any talk of fundraising, until we could vet the situation.

Many people question why we choose not to allow random fundraisers, benefits, auctions, etc, but this example illustrates exactly why we try to vet any charitable funds generated through the site as much as possible.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I’ll admit it, I got had.

It was completely believable to me. I have zero experience with Lyme’s. Very very unfortunate. Where’s GarGuy in all of this?

Comment

Wow...just Wow!!!

I checked in on that thread at least a dozen times per day. Some things seemed a bit askew, but nevertheless, I offered many thoughts and prayers. I doubted my doubts just because I did not have any reason to think otherwise.

I will tell you this.. this will not deter me one bit from thinking about and praying for people who need it. The funny thing about this specific circumstance, is that the person/people did in fact need our thoughts and prayers, but for a different reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Paul, The "angle" is still uncertain. Probably will remain that way, to be honest.

Several people expressed skepticism to us, privately, when talk began of collecting donations. As we tend to do, we gave benefit of doubt and I, personally, couldn't imagine anybody concocting such an elaborate deception. That said, we opted to monitor the thread closely, particularly with regard to any talk of fundraising, until we could vet the situation.

Many people question why we choose not to allow random fundraisers, benefits, auctions, etc, but this example illustrates exactly why we try to vet any charitable funds generated through the site as much as possible.

And thanks to you guys for keeping this a stand up site.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Well amigo...awkward as it is, all we can do is chalk it up as another feather in our hat & hopefully apply the lesson learned properly in the future. Gonna make for some good chatter regardless. Man, people can be really weird!!

See you & your clan next week!!

Comment

Statement: We've Been Taken Advantage Of

Question resolved

Last edited by TB80; 03-11-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                              Yep

Ok so out of those two which is a real person?

Comment

I kept thinking oh my God, how many times can this poor lady's heart stop beating and they revive her with no damage to the brain. Especially the last time when she was gone for 30 mins.

Comment

Working...
                                X