Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers not dimming high-beams to oncoming traffic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never been flashed with low beams on (corolla and a 2006 Sierra), but when I’m blinded it’s 99% trucks.
    Last edited by Kevin; 02-03-2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      People flash me all the time when I don’t have my high beams on.
      Me too. Leveling kit seems to do that.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Modern lights, leveling kits, loaded trucks.
        HoustonHunter and Dale Moser SAME PERSON OR JUST LOOK ALIKE??????

Comment

I loved my HID lights I could see so much better since I have a harder time seeing at night but I took them out cause I knew they were annoying to other drivers. But I still get flashed at almost every night with my stock bulbs. Hids and a leveled truck talk about some angry people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Same here. And they're factory lights.
            Add me to this list.

Comment

My 2010 Tundra has a light level adjuster on the dash. Don’t most trucks have this?

Comment

Same goes for emergency vehicles. All those LED lights will completely blind you when trying to get around them. I came up on an officer the other morning on Mockingbird here in Dallas. It's 2 lanes through Highland Park. I bounced off the curb on the opposite side of the road trying to ease around him. I couldn't see nothing! If he would have stepped out, someone could have hit him and never see it coming. Pretty much the same thing happened at a wreck on 75 going under 635. 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances and several squad cars. Only one lane getting by and you couldn't see crap! I'm all for safety, but these lights are TOO bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  People flash me all the time when I don’t have my high beams on.
                  Same here, and if you have a slight load in you vehicle it’s worse.

Comment

IMO, the new age drivers are not knowledgeable on the basic Driver common courtesy, like, when a car is stopped on the side of the road, and you can get over, Get Over,
                    A Big Rig passes you, once he clears you flash the lights so that he knows he can get over, safely, do NOT drive in the left lane, its for passing only, The high beams, yes new cars are a lot brighter then before, but, a lot of drivers don't even know they have them on so they drive like that, and then get mad when you flash them... my kids were learned on all this, my girl is 20 and her friends are always asking way she does these things... she simply says Common courtesy.... sorry so long winded, but it gets to me that way

Comment

They stop when i hit the red button and they come to the realization that maybe the headlights are bright..but the lightbar behind the grill is brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                        Hey I’m not the only one! Drives me nuts.
                        I’ve put a couple of people in the county hoosegow for not dimming their headlights.

Comment

Working...
                        X