The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    I'd be interested to view your beer cellar contents. Just for grins of course.
    I drank a lot over the last year, but here is what is left...
    I didnt include all the multiples but did try to get verticals

ABN is batch 1 (original) and batch 2
    Original Bible Belt

I think I do have the full vertical 2x for the BA Legion but couldnt remember how to tell the difference between batch 4 and 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Any with a 8/10 dump date? Looking for one on my sons bday.
      It’s hard enough to find and now we are picking dump dates?

Comment

Original Bible Belt

I think I do have the full vertical 2x for the BA Legion but couldnt remember how to tell the difference between batch 4 and 5

Our taste in beer is almost identical. Except the FW Funkwerks. That Karbach Espresso BBH is delicious. No need hold on to Backwoods *******, unless you like it with 1 year of age like I do, Founders announced it will now be year round. Avery is my favorite brewery and Uncle Jacobs is my favorite barrel aged stout. Nice haul!

Prosit!

Edit....Cigar City Jai Alai will now be in Tx. As it’s brewed by Oskar Blues in Austin. Austin release date is 1/22. Not sure about other cities.

Comment

Our taste in beer is almost identical. Except the FW Funkwerks. That Karbach Espresso BBH is delicious. No need hold on to Backwoods *******, unless you like it with 1 year of age like I do, Founders announced it will now be year round. Avery is my favorite brewery and Uncle Jacobs is my favorite barrel aged stout. Nice haul!

Prosit!

Edit....Cigar City Jai Alai will now be in Tx. As it’s brewed by Oskar Blues in Austin. Austin release date is 1/22. Not sure about other cities.
          I hate the FW Funkwerks and the Black Metal both. I just got it at one time for trading and then sat on it. I heard that about the BW *******s, those are actually my drinkers Im also excited about Cigar City. The Oak aged Jai Alai is really good as is the Maduro.

Comment

I hate the FW Funkwerks and the Black Metal both. I just got it at one time for trading and then sat on it. I heard that about the BW *******s, those are actually my drinkers Im also excited about Cigar City. The Oak aged Jai Alai is really good as is the Maduro.
            The original Black Metal was delicious. I don’t like the farmhouse version. Haven’t had Maduro yet but I’m sure it’ll be out eventually.

Comment

The original Black Metal was delicious. I don’t like the farmhouse version. Haven’t had Maduro yet but I’m sure it’ll be out eventually.
              Thats a good point. This is the farmhouse version, which is AKA "infected and lets see if idiots will drink it"

Comment

Thats a good point. This is the farmhouse version, which is AKA "infected and lets see if idiots will drink it"
                Yep, I don’t get. I’ve tried but I just don’t get it.

Comment

Can someone list the top 10?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Original Bible Belt

Nice. I just picked up a pirate bomb today. I've got the 16 and 17 bcbs, and I'm looking forward to drinking them. I've tried the 15,but don't have it. Impressive collection there!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Original Bible Belt

Awesome beer collection. I really like the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and the Founder's KBS.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                        Can someone list the top 10?

Unlimited price range?.... or obtainable to most mortals?

I've drank a ton of them but not a lot of the super high dollar stuff...#1 it would be wasted on my pallet #2 there is nothing worth some of the prices for something I'm going to pee out...

I'll see if I can come up with my top 5.... it changes from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Unlimited price range?.... or obtainable to most mortals?

I've drank a ton of them but not a lot of the super high dollar stuff...#1 it would be wasted on my pallet #2 there is nothing worth some of the prices for something I'm going to pee out...

I'll see if I can come up with my top 5.... it changes from time to time
                          Definitely a beer drinker's salary.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                            I have some Weller 12, I would like to trade for either William Larue Weller, or Weller Antique 107. Let me know what you got.
                            I think I might have an unopened bottle of antique. I will check

Comment

My current TOP 5 (sub $75 a 750ml):

In no particular order

1. Blantons (current favorite, but not worth price anymore)
                              2. Makers 46 ( was a steal, now above its price point but still great)
                              3. Weller 12 ( great at retail value, not worth $48+)
                              4. Eagle rare ( great sub $30..... not a $45 bottle)
                              5. Wild turkey 101 ( still the best per dollar there is, I enjoy it more and more)

Note: list subject to change at any time, for no reason except my taste changes

Comment

Anyone got a bottle of Elmer t lee they can part with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X