Distal Biceps Tendon Tear - Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distal Biceps Tendon Tear - Surgery

Anyone go through this? How was the recovery?

Yep. Wasn’t near as bad as the shoulder hat came unbuttoned at the same time. Your biceps will never look the same and always have a void but will have full function and strength

Comment

No help with any experience with this. If this is for you, or any other person for that matter, I would go to someone who does this all the time. Try starting with the pro and college teams around DFW and ask who the absolute best Doc is with a track record of getting athletes back on the field. You might also find someone who works on bull or bronc riders.
      Since it’s a tendon, I would not waste any time.

Comment

It is for me (unfortunately). Going to Burnett at Arlington Orthopedic Associates. I haven’t been to him but he was recommended by me knee surgeon.
        Last edited by Buckley99; 06-18-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

My bicep took a year to heal. I had a complete tear. Its 100 percent but still feels weird (tight) when I flex. My bicep looks normal. I went to a dr that specializes in sports injuries relating to bicep and shoulders. The first dr wanted to put me in a cast for 6 to 8 weeks. When u see pro jerseys hanging on the wall with pictures and autographs you are in the right place.

Comment

I had a full distal repair ten years ago. Just two days post injury. I got strength back but I cannot do certain moves with my arm. My bow hold arm acts double jointed now so it's extremely difficult to shoot bow now. Not sure if I would do it over. You will make gradual moves from full traction once you get the surgery. My doctor let me adjust the traction brace every two weeks. I think i was able to go back to work in 12-14 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Anyone go through this? How was the recovery?
              I think me. But I’m not in a lot of pain. Is yours a complete tear or what? How do u know. Good luck man.

Comment

I had a complete tear and torn bicep. Went to sports medicine ortho. Surgery first of July and was bowhunting mid November. Did it hurt yes but wasn't giving up my Kansas hunt. Rehab is key. I would say I was back to 100% or close to in 8-9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  I think me. But I’m not in a lot of pain. Is yours a complete tear or what? How do u know. Good luck man.
                  I thought I tweaked a muscle when it happened (Nov 17). It progressively got worse and I couldn’t do any back/biceps workouts without some mild discomfort. I finally decided to go to the Dr, and get an MRI, when I was no longer able to hold my 2 year old without a strong burning sensation. MRI results came back with a 90% tear, requiring surgery. No retraction so far but they are trying to get me in quickly to avoid a rupture and retraction.

Comment

I hear you bro. Well good luck and speedy recovery

Comment

Aw, man! Sorry to hear. I hope it's not your fly fishing arm!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Aw, man! Sorry to hear. I hope it's not your fly fishing arm!
                        Unfortunately, it is. I had to cancel a fly fishing trip to the LMF for next week.

No bueno!

Comment

let me know if you need someone to keep that new fly fishing gear warmed up!

I'm not help but prayers for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. Now you need to start tying flies in your recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Biggun View Post
                            My bicep took a year to heal. I had a complete tear. Its 100 percent but still feels weird (tight) when I flex. My bicep looks normal. I went to a dr that specializes in sports injuries relating to bicep and shoulders. The first dr wanted to put me in a cast for 6 to 8 weeks. When u see pro jerseys hanging on the wall with pictures and autographs you are in the right place.

This^^^^^
                            Find the right Doc to get you back into the game and have the work done. Do not slack on the physical therapy after they cut on you, partner.

Comment

Working...
                            X