Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    You sir have some nice wood
    I knew there was something wrong with you....

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
      I want to build a moveable wood working table, and was going to copy JFisher's top idea of the 3 pieces of plywood. I am struggling with the size though. I want a long table, and want to incorporate my table saw on one end. For the top, I was going to use use 3 full 4'x8' sheets, glued & screwed together. But now I am wondering if 4' is too wide? Should I trim them down to 3' wide?

How wide of a table do you guys like? This will be a moveable table (casters), that I can walk all the way around, and work from any side.
      I currently have a 4' table that i use as an outfeed table/assembly table etc. I like it. But i have the room though.

It's on my list to redo, and I am going back with a 4' table.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
        I have an old Sears table saw. I need to change out the blade. The fence on this saw is terrible. The casters are shot as well. Does anyone have mods or updates for a table saws? I have to do something with it, the fence is driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMiCmtxN9M"]Feb 17 2016. DIY Table-saw fence redesign - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
          Cool, thanks! I want mine mobile so that I can push it out of the way when not in use, as my shop is not just for wood working.

Can you elaborate some on the 1/8" top? how did you attach it, and did you finish it with something?
          The top is basically thin cabinet grade plywood. Attached only with titebond wood glue and clamps. I gave it a light 200 sanding, then rubbed in boiled lindseed oil.

Comment

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
              Any suggestions?
              I was watching this guys mod last night. He made a pretty slick fence using an aluminum "T track", and increased his cutting surface by simply mounting a piece of MDF to the top, raise the blade trough the new "top", route or dado in some guides.

If you would like to support my channel, you can do so on Patreon:https://www.patreon.com/maconcampbellMerch Store: https://maconstuff.myshopify.com/The firs...

I plan to "hack" mine in a similar fashion this weekend. It's a cheap, Harbor Freight saw. Saw gets the job done now that I swapped out the blade with a Diablo blade, but needs a larger top surface and a fence that doesn' make me want to throw across the room.

I ordered a track from Amazon.

Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 01-19-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Made a little more progress on the miter station and the fire-slate counter top.

Built a fence and aligned/flushed with the saw fence. Will add T-track and measuring later in the week.

Built the upper cabinets and cut out the drawer faces. Tomorrows list is, lower cabinet doors, and drawers for the upper.

Not much to the slate table, wasn't near the same size as the mdf counter top and it's an inch thick, so I bordered it with a 1x6.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_211923.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24527193

Name:	20180120_211911.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	24527194

Name:	20180120_211953.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24527195

Name:	20180120_211934.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24527196

Comment

Here is a miter saw table the I built a few weeks ago. I use my shop for wood working, storage, metal working, and I park my truck in it when I don't have a project going on. So I don't have room for a lot of stationary tools. I was tired of setting up stands to support the ends of boards when cutting on the miter saw and not being able to have a stop set up for repetitive cuts. I saw something similar online and modified for my needs. I set it on a couple of sawhorses when using and hang on the wall when not in use. The pocket where the saw goes is very tight and when placed in it, it is the same each time. I thought about adding a fence, but have not needed it up to this point, but would be easy to add one if I decide to. May not be the prettiest, but it was made out of a half sheet of 3/4 plywood, so it is cheap and very functional

I am in process of building a movable table for my lathe. I will post it when done.

Name:	image4f.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	24527213

Name:	image1f.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	24527214

Name:	image2f.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	24527215

Name:	image3.JPG
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	24527216

Name:	image5f.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	24527217

Comment

started on the crappy table saw mod. I will mention, a Diablo blade is a 1000% upgrade on this sucker.

Name:	smaller.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	24527259

Comment

Started on my wife's work table this weekend. For the last few years we have been working off plywood screwed to sawhorses, and while it makes a good table, you cant move it out of the way.

I decided to go 4x8 for the top. The frame is built to allow a 3" lip all the way around. It will have 4 pull out drawers, and the bottom will be where she stores all her stock, or whatever else she wants to put down there.

So far, she is HAPPY!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking nice Palmetto!

Comment

Just about finished with the miter station.

Name:	20180125_180324 (450 x 600).jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24527835

Setup the shop vac with a dust separator and upgraded hose. Built a handy platform the keep the bucket and vac together.

Name:	20180126_172808.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24527833

Progress on the crappy table saw upgrade. Made a new handle for the blade height adjustment, since I'd broken the other on off. Added the "T track" and built a solid, accurate locking fence.

Name:	20180129_203731.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	24527834

and I seriously don't know why my pics keep rotating on upload
                          Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 01-30-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

JFISHER, that last picture made me
                            There are some things that would be better constructed from steel, but woodworkers will ALWAYS try to make it out of wood, first.

I'm guilty of this as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              JFISHER, that last picture made me
                              There are some things that would be better constructed from steel, but woodworkers will ALWAYS try to make it out of wood, first.

I'm guilty of this as well!
                              Lol, closest thing I have to metal working tools is a Dremel and a soldering iron

Comment

Redesigned/Rebuilt the air cleaner. Now has filters on both sides and closer to the 2 main dust producers, the table and miter saws. and will likely do a better job recirculating the air this summer.

Name:	20180131_202910 (450 x 600).jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	24527933

Comment

Working...
                                X