Camp Bullis 2017????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riley05 View Post
    Who else got picked, and are you happy with your stand selection????
    I didn't get selected but my son did and we got 7-3.

Comment

That is awesome, 7-3 should do you good. Congrats to lil Cobra!!!!!!!! GO JOE!!!!

Comment

The computer selection process was again all screwed up. After 4 years in a row of screw ups one would think all the bugs would be worked out. You could buy your whitetail permit but no stand/circle locations were offered. It became a cluster????, trying to contact someone with the message they posted on the home page- please call Trey or Rustin with no phone numbers listed in the message. Trey turned out to be the Game Warden who was listed in the Rule book as Archie Cooper, who would know that? Did anyone who got picked notice you were not asked for your Texas Hunting License info? As a result people showed up wanting to put their equipment up who had not purchased a license. I am back in 10-1 after that double drop tine in my avatar that I had on camera 2 years ago. Good luck to all that got selected, Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
          The computer selection process was again all screwed up. After 4 years in a row of screw ups one would think all the bugs would be worked out. You could buy your whitetail permit but no stand/circle locations were offered. It became a cluster????, trying to contact someone with the message they posted on the home page- please call Trey or Rustin with no phone numbers listed in the message. Trey turned out to be the Game Warden who was listed in the Rule book as Archie Cooper, who would know that? Did anyone who got picked notice you were not asked for your Texas Hunting License info? As a result people showed up wanting to put their equipment up who had not purchased a license. I am back in 10-1 after that double drop tine in my avatar that I had on camera 2 years ago. Good luck to all that got selected, Tom.
          Any word on how many stands are left? And if there is going to be a second draw? I had my sights set on 7-12.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Next draw is Tuesday 0900

Comment

Originally posted by steve190 View Post
              Next draw is Tuesday 0900
              So I see that it says a second draw will happen if there are spots left does anyone know if there is any left?

Comment

Well any winners on the second draw??? Email this morning stated there were 7 spots left. I guess I'm in for round three, though it doesn't look good.

Comment

Well any winners on the second draw??? Email this morning stated there were 7 spots left. I guess I'm in for round three, though it doesn't look good.
                  Yeah...didn't get the second draw either. Another guy I work with didn't get it either. The chances look pretty slim!

Comment

Tuesday win

I got picked up on the second draw today. Anyone have any thoughts on the 11 section, or 3A section? There are a couple in each of those still left. Also, it's saying $50 for the wtd permit. I thought it was more. Did it change this year? Thanks for any thoughts! First year out there!

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowman2015 View Post
                      I got picked up on the second draw today. Anyone have any thoughts on the 11 section, or 3A section? There are a couple in each of those still left. Also, it's saying $50 for the wtd permit. I thought it was more. Did it change this year? Thanks for any thoughts! First year out there!
                      It did change. Paper scouting had my wishlist looking like this. 3c4 was closest to area 7 which hold some great deer. I know there were some nice dwet taken from 11 in past years and it is usually open.
                      Good luck this year.

11a4
                      11b2
                      11b4
                      3c4
                      3c6
                      3a6
                      3a4

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra768 View Post
                        Yeah...didn't get the second draw either. Another guy I work with didn't get it either. The chances look pretty slim!
                        At least Lil cobra will get to hunt. What area did he draw.

Comment

Thanks Riley05. Are there stands out there already, and can we bring someone with us hunting out there? Oh, and was that your wish list or did you see the remaining secondary draw list because that's what they say is still available.

Comment

That was my wishlist for the remaining 7 spots if I got selected on the draw. You will need either a pop up or a tripod stand. They are not allowing tree stands anymore. Feeders are a good idea. And you can have a non hunting guest.... I took my son with me many times.

Comment

At least Lil cobra will get to hunt. What area did he draw.

Lil' Cobra got 7-3...we hunted 2D last year so new to TA 7. I have been paper scouting that area and saw a couple of spots I want to scout when it opens up. Does anyone know if we can assemble a wood platform to set a pop up on out there? I would build it at the house and disassemble it and just reassemble it out there.

Comment

You can build a wooden platform if you like but a simple popup blind is what I use. As far as someone hunting with you, yes it is permitted but they must also get a permit which is free however they are not allowed to hunt. All of these questions are answered in the 2017/18 hunting rules under the hunting tab. Remember you are hunting on a Federal Military Installation so any hunting infractions will be enforced. Do not rely on word of mouth to get info on hunting Camp Bullis, read the rules. Another big change this year is the harvest quota, 4 deer and only 1 can be a buck and you must harvest a doe first. That means after you get your doe you can take a spike or mature buck over 13 inches inside spread but not both. In other words a spike will be your 1 and only buck you can legally take. Read and reread the rules because the penalties can be severe. Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X