• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Well done, boys!!! Heck of a haul!!!!!!
    Thank you! It was an awesome trip.

Comment

Today, I spent 3 hours trimming and vacuum packing tuna with my chamber vacuum machine. The machine worked very well, never overheating with continous use. I did sneak a lot of bites of tuna during the trimming phase.

Comment

Great trip! I'm going in June, but not real sure I/we can truly use that much tuna. Is catch and release possible?

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          Great trip! I'm going in June, but not real sure I/we can truly use that much tuna. Is catch and release possible?
          Tell your friends you have fresh tuna and it will be gone in no time. If not, I can help you out with that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
            Today, I spent 3 hours trimming and vacuum packing tuna with my chamber vacuum machine. The machine worked very well, never overheating with continous use. I did sneak a lot of bites of tuna during the trimming phase.
            Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post

Gals you had a good trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying to get things in order for our trip in a few weeks. Anyone have any advice on things to bring, I got coolers full of cold beer and food, sunscreen, hats, etc.

Do I need to bring any fishing gear (lures), fillet knives to clean fish on board, stuff eat with the fish (like below)? Do I need water proof gear if it is 70+ degrees outside?
                Attached Files

Comment

We went with Voodoo charters all you need is your food and drinks, personal gear.
                  They supply all the tackle and bait.

If, you have cooking facilities were you are staying you will need to bring all food including the things you need to season and have as sides. The small marina store is limited in what it has.

The restaurant upstairs at the Marina will cook your fish, if you want to go that route. They did a good job on our tuna. They prepared it raw, blackened and grilled.

You won't need foul weather gear offshore, if it is in the 70s. But the 25 miles down the river is a cold ride, the river is very cold from all the ice and cold weather up north.

Good luck

Comment

Venice is awesome and so is voodoo!

Comment

When are you heading down, Batman? I'll be there the weekend of March 24 staying at the marina.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                        When are you heading down, Batman? I'll be there the weekend of March 24 staying at the marina.
                        We arrive June 3rd and are staying all week. We rented a houseboat. Oops, you weren't talking to me.........

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                          We arrive June 3rd and are staying all week. We rented a houseboat. Oops, you weren't talking to me.........

Hopefully we'll have plenty of pics to tease you with

Comment

Friday the 23rd. We will try to leave some fish for you fargus. Haven't booked a place to stay yet but will be driving over.

Comment

Working...
                            X