Felons and firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamDrvr View Post
    Unfortunately I am but should get my gun rights back this year if the attorney gets the paperwork done
    I cant believe you are willing to run the risk and have to deal with the consequences of it. All it takes is one person that knows to get mad at you and then turn you in.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I cant believe you are willing to run the risk and have to deal with the consequences of it. All it takes is one person that knows to get mad at you and then turn you in.
      Thug Life!

Comment

The State of Texas says yes, but federal law says no. In Tx. an officer "can" file under the federal law if a felon is in possession of a firearm. But can use muzzle loaders.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
          The State of Texas says yes, but federal law says no. In Tx. an officer "can" file under the federal law if a felon is in possession of a firearm. But can use muzzle loaders.

Way late too the party :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
            You did not read the OP question correctly. He never said he would be in possession. He said the 9 year old would be carrying.
            LoL
            What in the world?
            LoL

A 40 year old man and a 9 year old boy with a 20 gauge shotgun in the car get pulled over by the cops.
            Man is a felon.
            Police ask if any weapons in the car.
            Man says, "yes but it is the 9 year old's gun. It ain't mine!"

LoL What LEO gonna believe that???

Seriously!
            A 9 year old that can't be left home alone by themselves or probably aren't even allowed to use the stove at home are said to be posessing a firearm?

Good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              LoL

What in the world?

LoL

A 40 year old man and a 9 year old boy with a 20 gauge shotgun in the car get pulled over by the cops.

Man is a felon.

Seriously!

A 9 year old that can't be left home alone by themselves or probably aren't even allowed to use the stove at home are said to be posessing a firearm?

Good grief!

It's been established in the thread that a 9 year old can hunt alone in Texas, so.....

Comment

LoL

What in the world?

LoL

Man is a felon.

Seriously!

Good grief!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24530242

Comment

It's been established in the thread that a 9 year old can hunt alone in Texas, so.....

[ATTACH]896079[/ATTACH]

If a cop believes a 9year old is in sole control/possession of a rifle in a car with his 40 year old uncle he needs his head checked.
                  You mean that felon will never not once touch that gun that entire trip? LoL ok.

I don't think many LEO will want to read through whatever you printed from the internet.
                  You "may" win in court but I wouldn't want to chance it.

The bigger question is, why are so many friends and family members of TBHers getting felony charges for calling in sick when they really were in the stand?

Comment

If a cop believes a 9year old is in sole control/possession of a rifle in a car with his 40 year old uncle he needs his head checked.
                    You mean that felon will never not once touch that gun that entire trip? LoL ok.

I don't think many LEO will want to read through whatever you printed from the internet.
                    You "may" win in court but I wouldn't want to chance it.

The bigger question is, why are so many friends and family members of TBHers getting felony charges for calling in sick when they really were in the stand?

I was just showing you that a 9 year old can hunt in Texas unaccompanied. They may not be allowed to use a stove, but that can carry and shoot a rifle on their own.
                    As for your last statement, I don't even know what that means.

Comment

I was just showing you that a 9 year old can hunt in Texas unaccompanied. They may not be allowed to use a stove, but that can carry and shoot a rifle on their own.
                      As for your last statement, I don't even know what that means.

Oh ok
                      But your link said the 9year old needed to be accompanied by a licensed hunter

Comment

Oh ok

Read it again. "Under 9"

I think that's just crazy in my opinion BTW

Comment

Oh ok
                          ]
                          And then that creates another problem for the pro felons should be able to carry guns crowd with this:

Comment

Read it again. "Under 9"

I think that's just crazy in my opinion BTW

LoL
                            This whole situation is crazy
                            It's too hypothetical
                            Folks say it's really easy to get a felony
                            All these slippery slopes
                            Cops are not going to try and read through all this on the side of the road
                            They'll see you have a felony
                            Know that there is a gun in the car
                            Then they'll just lock you up and let the judge and DA figure out what to do with you

Comment

LoL

This whole situation is crazy

It's too hypothetical

Folks say it's really easy to get a felony

All these slippery slopes

Cops are not going to try and read through all this on the side of the road

They'll see you have a felony

Know that there is a gun in the car

Then they'll just lock you up and let the judge and DA figure out what to do with you

Yeah I already said that a few pages back :-)

Comment

And why is it so hard for felons to be able to vote?
                                You make one too many sick calls from your job, catch a felony, then there goes your voting rights!

Comment

Working...
                                X