No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the 6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the process of a Grendel build myself. Bought a PSA complete lower. Theyre on sale right now. $159. Upgraded the adjustable stock with a Magpul CTR milspec stock. Upper is coming from Delta Team Tactical. Its an Aero Precision 18" Ultra Match Stainless Heavy Barrel. Will have the Premium Keymod Handguard rail and compensator. Upgrading to a cmc 3.5lb trigger. BCG is a Toolcraft Type II. All said and done, will have about $600 in it before optics.

Comment

I've only killed one deer with mine, and have shot less than 100 rounds through it, but I'm hooked. It was devastating with a 123gr SST, and though I reload, it is nice to see quality factory ammo available at many stores. Recoil is very minimal.

I bought the LaRue ultimate upper kit and a stripped lower receiver from them for $1070, and immediately had to buy the same setup for my pops after he saw it. That said, I really liked the look of both the CZ and Howa and would like to add one of those to the collection next year. Good luck!

Comment

Get you one. Ammo is readily available, very accurate, cheap to reload etc. I bought a barrel, bolt and mag for my AR for less than $200 when I decided to try it out. I'm glad I did. It shoots better than I can. Hunting deer hard this week hoping to get it's 1st blood. The CZ's and Howa's are really nice. Good luck.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel
          complete upper? For the price it seems too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Forester View Post
            Does anyone have any experience with the Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel
            complete upper? For the price it seems too good to be true.
            My barrel is an 18" straight fluted BCA barrel. It didn't start out shooting good, about 3" groups, but after about 65 rounds, it started shooting good. It shoots my reloads well now. I have over 250 rounds through it now.

Comment

I need to find some **** pigs with mine!

I think I'm gonna sign up for the gubment crotch kicking and get a suppressor in the works pretty soon as well.

Comment

Bought a complete upper from arsenal defense for $300. They were running a sale.
                Can't wait for it to come in. Already have a lower so just need to put together real quick.

Comment

Anyone shoot federal fusion?

Comment

Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
                    Mines ready for action as we speak. Love this lil round, all I’ve used this year. That cz bolt Gun looks sweet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What model Leupold is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      What model Leupold is this?

VX6 3-18x44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The Grenny I built is a tack driver. Absolutely love the round. No issues with any game dropping, all DRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Federal Fusion 120 gr

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Anyone shoot federal fusion?
                          Yes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	24523668

Comment