New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    Cleared brush with chainsaw, machete, and limb lobbers Saturday and Sunday. Loaded on trailer and unloaded across the pasture on burn pile. Great cardio, but my back has felt it yesterday and today.
    Today: DB swings. 3 sets of 15.
    DB drop squats. 3 sets of 10.
    DB curl and press. 3 sets of 12.
    Clapping plyo push-ups. 3 sets to failure. (Wrong of them to put these behind shoulder press!)
    Tubing woodchopper pushdowns. 3 sets of 12 each direction.
    Tubing sword raises. 2 sets of 12 each arm.
    Goal is to choose enough weight to fail by the last rep of each exercise for the next 3 weeks. Rest time has decreased to less than 45 seconds between sets.
    Threw in a dead hang until my grip gave out. Hoping to stretch my back a little.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    You need to open an outdoor gym and charge people to get in on some of that "boot camp" action!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      You need to open an outdoor gym and charge people to get in on some of that "boot camp" action!
      Yea, I have 2 teenage boys that I should have doing it, but I actually enjoy it.

Comment

but I actually enjoy it.

So do I....I think there is something wrong with me though.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          So do I....I think there is something wrong with me though.
          Guess we're 2 coocoos in the same nest then.[emoji16]

Comment

10 minute treadmill warm-up.

Focus on fat today.

High knee running in place. 20s 15s 15s 15s

Half burpees. 20s 15s 15s 15s
            10 Pushups between each set

One armed rows with curl bar. 3x120

SS BENCH press. 3x10

KB SWINGS 2 HANDED 3x15

KB swing/snatch/shoulder press 3x12

KB rows 3x10

HYPER extensions 2x15
            HYPER EXTENSIONS with KB 1x10

Comment

Today was supposed to be 22 minutes jog/sprint. 5 minutes of warm up and cool down jog and 12 minute sprint intervals. It's raining here and I'm not a runner, so I chose one of the alternate workouts.
              21 minutes shredded- 3 exercises, 7 circuits:
              One leg burpees. 10 reps (70 total).
              Box jumps. 10 reps (70 total).
              Crossjack push-ups. 20 reps (140 total).
              You have 1 minute to do the reps per exercise, rest remainder of the minute before going to next. I made it through the first 2 rounds pretty good pacing myself and has a little time to rest. Got rid of the stopwatch during the third round. By the end of the fifth round, I had no more gas in the tank and it took more than 21 minutes. I may need to take up running!

Comment

No gym for me Mon-Wed. Life is just not cooperating.

Comment

Gonna start a new plan tonight (Thanks RTP). Got everything plugged into the handy anytime fitness app. Just need to log the weight I use for most of the exercises. Wil try to concentrate on form tonight since most of these are new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Gonna start a new plan tonight (Thanks RTP). Got everything plugged into the handy anytime fitness app. Just need to log the weight I use for most of the exercises. Wil try to concentrate on form tonight since most of these are new to me.
                    Good deal sir!!

It took awhile for me to realize I was just going through the motions for the longest time and not engaging the correct muscle groups.

Comment

Died during Legs

Drop set at the end of the first 3 exercises

Squat 12-10-8-6-4-12 (135-295)
                      Deadlift 10-8-6-4-2-15 (135-345) Went to academy and bought lifting straps to help here
                      LegPress 10-10-10-6-6-4-2-15 (360-900)
                      Hyper extensions w/ 45 pound plate (4x8) SS W/ 4x12 Lunges each side
                      Leg Extension 4x12 plus 2 40 pound 15 second holds fully extended
                      3x15 leg curls

The extra weight and volumes on the first 3 exercises killed me

Chest and Tris in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Good deal sir!!

It took awhile for me to realize I was just going through the motions for the longest time and not engaging the correct muscle groups.
                        Thanks. Hit all the exercises in today's plan except for the cable flys. Never could get in on that machine tonight. Added 30 minutes on the elliptical for some more cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Thanks. Hit all the exercises in today's plan except for the cable flys. Never could get in on that machine tonight. Added 30 minutes on the elliptical for some more cardio.
                          Glad to see you're sticking with it and progressing. You'll start looking forward to it soon, if you haven't already. I usually take off during hunting season, mostly because of the shorter days, but always look forward to getting back to it after the first of the year. Congrats on the life change and dedication.

Comment

Glad to see you're sticking with it and progressing. You'll start looking forward to it soon, if you haven't already. I usually take off during hunting season, mostly because of the shorter days, but always look forward to getting back to it after the first of the year. Congrats on the life change and dedication.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still struggling with appetite but my food choices have gotten way better. I do look forward to going to the gym. Probably wearing out my welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                              powerlifting meet 3 months away. been out from the gym for a month due to ruptured ear drum and the flu. im couldn't be happier to be back today
                              Good luck to you! I have never been to one but I’d like to do one. I just have no idea about how to go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Died during Legs

Drop set at the end of the first 3 exercises

Squat 12-10-8-6-4-12 (135-295)
                                Deadlift 10-8-6-4-2-15 (135-345) Went to academy and bought lifting straps to help here
                                LegPress 10-10-10-6-6-4-2-15 (360-900)
                                Hyper extensions w/ 45 pound plate (4x8) SS W/ 4x12 Lunges each side
                                Leg Extension 4x12 plus 2 40 pound 15 second holds fully extended
                                3x15 leg curls

The extra weight and volumes on the first 3 exercises killed me

Chest and Tris in the morning
                                Solid workout!

Comment

Working...
                                X