No announcement yet.

Bibs in the tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never used bibs, but I've been in tree stands with the insulated coveralls.

Comment

love bibs. just back from Missouri where the temps ranged from 16-41 and not once was i cold. i bought a set of the mckenzie weather proof bibs/parka from Midway on sale for $200 free shipping and those things are unbelievable. If you are looking for quality camo for a reasonable price you have to check out the midway products. I also bought a pair of the midweight bibs/jacket and they are very comfortable and well made. cant recommend them enough.

Comment

Another vote for insulated bibs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          I like them in or out of a tree. Find a set with a soft fabric that doesn't crinkle when you move. Plus it cuts down on any draft that may come up your shirt because they are tucked into the bibs.
          Bibs allow you quite a bit more mobility from the waist up and allows you to layer a bit better IMO. I like wearing my insulated bibs over my hunting cloths and then a insulated vest and coat with hood over that. I can unzip and remove layers if I get a chance to go walking or bundle up for a long sit. I have a insulated pair and am currently looking for some un-insulated for warmer weather. Mine have the zip up legs and velcro boot strap at the ancle to keep the legs off the ground when walking around.
          Don't hang them up by the straps.

Comment

Bought some from Midway, very warm and nice.
            They're labeled Midway

Comment

this is the best thing ever for beating the West Texas wind and cold. it only gets used during freezing spells. but, it will beat the cold all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                I have worn bibs with pants and a shirt under them and a jacket over top the bigs with 0 issues. I have also worn layers with 0 issues. If I wasn't bowhunting I would go with the bibs for more pockets and and less clothes to put on. But when I am bowhunting I go layers. My bibs I purposely bought a little big and they somewhat get in the way when drawing my bow. With layers the overall fit is tighter and less bulk.
                I have trouble drawing also with all the bulk.

Comment

I have a set of the redhead bone dry insulated bibs from bass pro. I really like them. on cold mornings when im walking a long ways to my stand ill roll them up and put them in my back pack. once I get to tree I put them on. works well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                    I have a set of the redhead bone dry insulated bibs from bass pro. I really like them. on cold mornings when im walking a long ways to my stand ill roll them up and put them in my back pack. once I get to tree I put them on. works well for me.

Well Elite, I just went and threw down my gift card and a little cash to get the RedHead Bone Dry Cold Weather Bibs last night. I tried them out walking the dog late last night with just wife-beater, skivvy's, & boots on underneath. So far so good.

No complaints from the HOA yet....

I'll see how they do this weekend in the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
                      Well Elite, I just went and threw down my gift card and a little cash to get the RedHead Bone Dry Cold Weather Bibs last night. I tried them out walking the dog late last night with just wife-beater, skivvy's, & boots on underneath. So far so good.

No complaints from the HOA yet....

I'll see how they do this weekend in the tree.
                      i have the bone dry big insulated jacket with a removable vest and sleeves as well. great combo

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                        i have the bone dry big insulated jacket with a removable vest and sleeves as well. great combo
                        I didn't have that much in gift cards..... Maybe after Christmas

Comment

I didn't have that much in gift cards..... Maybe after Christmas
                          mine was a Christmas gift a few years ago. like others have mentioned, I only wear it on the really cold days during late January

Comment

Not in a tree but I wear bibs and love them. When its cold enough to wear the bibs I just wear sweat pants under them instead of jeans, very comfy. When it gets crazy cold I will wear long johns under the sweats and still have great mobility and stay very warm.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned that. I always have to make that appt. by mid-morning. I guess that pants would be easier than bibs in that regard?
                              Bibs better than coveralls, though, for that. I've heard some real horror stories about coveralls with the removable hoods that someone forgot were attached...

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                I've never used bibs, but I've been in tree stands with the insulated coveralls.
                                I have insulated coveralls as well. Work GREAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X