Make the LSBA great again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
    I will not support the LBSA for the simple fact that they took a stance against other hunters and Texas landowners when they supported efforts to shut down deer breeding and the ranches those Breeders support! Just my .02 #dividedwefall #huntyourway
    That's funny, that's one of the main reasons I support the LBSA lol. To each his own

Comment

I just got into archery about a month ago. It's things like this that are not really mentioned to new archers. Unless you get informed and find a group of people that have been doing it for a while I can see why this would get missed. I'll see if I can find their website and read up on it.

Comment

My LSBA membership sticker is the only other sticker besides my TBH sticker on my truck. I joined because Lip convinced me it was a worthy organization to join while he was driving me to my first TBH group hunt over 3 years ago. I did a little research and I joined. Fast forward a couple year and the National Forest Service decided to implement some programs/rules that was potentially detrimental to archery and general hunting. I suggested to the public hunting folks to get in touch with LSBA, and Dena answered the call and fought. I was convinced at that point, that LSBA wasn't just a club, etc. It was an organization that promoted and fought for archery in Texas.

When my renewal is up, I need to just do the lifetime.

I guesss I am a bit curious about the claim that LSBA officially fought against the breeders. I'm not 100% why LSBA would take a stance. Certainly members would have their opinion and be passionate about it on either side, and maybe that is what happened.

Comment

Life member here!

Comment

LSBA Youth Hunt.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              I will say this...I have recently taken a new look at The organization and see that it is doing good work.

On the declining membership issue... I KNOW there was once a perception that LSBA was a purist organization and basically only embraced traditional archers. Im sure that is no longer(maybe never was) the truth but in order to grow membership, it might be important to recognize and embrace the modern growth in archery whether cross bow or compound.

There is strength in unity as well as numbers. Thank yall for what you do!

Steve
              I have had discussions with our new president and we are on the same page about promoting all forms of bowhunting! If it is legal and it has to do with a bow then we support it!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                My daughter got to go on her first ever bow hunt this year thanks to the LSBA. They sponsor youth hunts, and she was able to be a part of one.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=616057
                My daughter went on this hunt and was also her first hunt.

I'm a member now

Comment

I saw an advertisement for the LSBA Youth Hunt drawing about 6 moths ago. Even though they did not require membership, I joined and don't regret it for a second! I have found them to be awesome folks!
                  For you purist out there, I bought my son a crossbow about four years ago to get him interested in hunting with me. It wasn't more than that one season before he asked for a compound bow, which I follow up with. He now prefers his bow over the crossbow. My point is, whether compound or crossbow, it's still archery. If you are not a fan of crossbows, work on conversion not banning.
                  I would even hypothesize that the crossbow has possibly saved archery from a long slow decline.... Just my $0.02

Comment

Signed up for 3 years. DuckDogTrainer, sending you a PM.

Comment

LSBA is a great organization. My original reason for joining was due to all they due for youth and exposing them to archery in general. Been a regional rep for a while now. I was all for crossbows during archery season and their stance didn't make me give up on them. They do more good than anything. As for being against deer breeders and such. I don't recall the LSBA ever taking a stance on that.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        Signed up for 3 years. DuckDogTrainer, sending you a PM.
                        Awesome! Got it!

Comment

This is one of the main reasons for the LSBA. I am running for 76 EC and if I get voted in I am hoping to help out with a lot of local and not so local events with helping get kids involved with archery. The first Point hunt was great and really opened up my eyes to what they do just for the kids, not to mention archery in general across the state of Texas.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I signed up for three years after seeing Steve at the TTH show a couple of years ago. He seems to really have things pointed in the right direction.

Comment

The more members we have the more we can do for archery and the more kids we can help!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X