Bringing old camo back to life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing old camo back to life

Last wknd I pulled my regular old cotton hunting pants I've had for years and noticed it was very faded looking compared to my scentlok shirt I had on. Has anyone tried dying old camo to know the whitish grey tones out? I'm thinking a little black clothing dye diluted in water for a minute or two.

Last of the Bowhicans

Just wear it, the deer don't care

Comment

Make a strong batch of ice tea and soak them in it over night. Rinse in cold water.

Comment

This is a hunting web site not a beauty advice columnist

But next time you clean your bbq pit just use those pants
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-29-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Mossy Oak and Realtree both re-released their original patterns again if you want a true colored pair. Academy has them

Comment

Yes I have but with brown as most of my camo is in the brown color.scheme. Worked ok and toned down the faded areas that we're too bright.

Comment

Don’t need Camo. Especially if you hunt around llano. Can shoot those deer at 20 yards from the truck.

Comment

I have no idea. Camo I've had for years don't fit anymore.

Comment

I don’t know if the deer care but I have used this product on faded camo and it worked well.

Comment

I don’t think it matters much is shot a nice 11 point the other day with my bow out of a tree. I climbed up in it and stood on a limb. I had blue jeans, white pearl snap and a old wrangler sheep lined jacket on. When the buck walked up I was drinking tea out of a yeti and watching YouTube. Shot him at 11 yards

Comment

Tea will put the brown color back.

Comment

Well there’s nothing worse than taking pictures with a nice dark camo shirt and faded acid washed looking pants from 1986. I’ve almost had the urge to start pop lockin and breakin. Word.

As for those llano deerses. Yes they are easier than Mary Jane Rotten Crotch on prom night after a couple shots of jäger. Plus they are transplants from zilker Park in Austin so running away is so 98’.

Comment

Ritt black dye cold water at local washeteria
                          Last edited by Thumper; 11-29-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Just buy you a nice, "pretty" set of camo for your pictures!

What a Nancy you've become.

Comment

Doesn't matter. I have all kinds of mismatched stuff I wear. As long as it keeps my warm, it's all good

Comment

Working...
                              X