Cool pic I took in Menard this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pic I took in Menard this weekend.

Pardon the grainy nature - it was getting low light and I had to zoom with my phone. Couple youngsters having a go at it and big boy coming to see what’s up. “Now, now, boys...”

cool pic. should get it printed.

Comment

What a great pic
      Very nice

Comment

I think the grainy exposure looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Like it!

Comment

Nice! I rattled in a tiny spike the other day and couldn’t help but laugh a little at him. He maybe has 1 inch spikes and he came in charging 😂

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                I think the grainy exposure looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeah, I think it gives it a little authenticity.

Thanks for the kinds words, all. I knew when I saw him coming towards these 2 sparring buddies it was gonna present a neat opportunity.

Comment

Awesome pic

Comment

When I look at that I first think it looks off like you did all sorts of filters or something. Then I look at it a little more and I start to really like it. To me it looks like a painting of a picture. That is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                      When I look at that I first think it looks off like you did all sorts of filters or something. Then I look at it a little more and I start to really like it. To me it looks like a painting of a picture. That is a good one.
                      Picture is completely untouched except I think I cropped out some of the side brush. These deer were 25-30 yards away, but the sun had already set, so it was tough to zoom in. I just took the picture unzoomed and then cropped to make them look closer.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

One trick with cell phone pics is to not zoom in before you take it. Take it, then zoom in. Sounds like it would be the same, but you often get better quality taking it at "normal" zoom and then zooming in later.

It's a cool pic and I am not criticizing you or your picture. Just sharing some advice I've had good luck with.

Comment

Nice buck! Not meaning to downgrade him, but I saw one slip into the brush near Menard last week who would definitely intimitate the pictured buck. Ranch manager said this buck had never been seen on the (low fence) ranch before, to his knowledge.

I only saw him for a few seconds, and chances are that's why he grew so big.

A funny story about my hunt the following day is here. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=671449

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                              Nice! I rattled in a tiny spike the other day and couldn’t help but laugh a little at him. He maybe has 1 inch spikes and he came in charging ��
                              Its not the size of the buck in the fight but the size of the fight in the buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X