Anyone hunt around San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt around San Diego

Just asking. Saw a lease that’s 1000 acres with 8 total spots for $2500 a gun. No idea about the area. Maybe someone has some info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a tough area. Hit or miss with a whole lot of miss.

Comment

I had a lease just off of Hwy 44 and C903 that had little to no activity, but YMMV....

Comment

Seems like only doe were taken last year here. Does the area have potential for quality deer? 150”?

Comment

I hunt east of San Diego. Never seen a 150". 7 other hunters on 1000 acres I'd wager you'd never see one either.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            I hunt east of San Diego. Never seen a 150". 7 other hunters on 1000 acres I'd wager you'd never see one either.

Kinda what I thought.

Comment

run...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                run...

FAST!!!!

Comment

My buddy hunts about 6 miles north of town. He killed a really nice upper 40’s buck this year on 580 acres low fence no protein. From his first year on the property till now there has been a drastic improvement in deer quality, getting their buck to doe ratio in check and letting young bucks get older was the key. I would at least look at the property and check out the neighbors, you might be surprised. He has a few deer that should push 150” next season if we get the rains at the right time.

Comment

Jesse Garcia is the GW in that area. Call him and ask him if he'd pay money to hunt that area!

Comment

If it's west of San Diego I'd pass. There are deer east and south of there but a 150 would be hard to find. Unless it's got big neighbors near by which is doubtful mostly smaller ranches in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        run...

Comment

I ask Leonel "Muy" Garza one time about a lease around san diego. he say we would be better off just to throw our money on the ground and walk away.

Comment

[QUOTE=Traildust;14014191]Jesse Garcia is the GW in that area. Call him and ask him if he'd pay money to hunt that area![/QUOTE

He’s no longer there

Comment

[quote=fish4food;14015305]
                              Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Jesse Garcia is the GW in that area. Call him and ask him if he'd pay money to hunt that area![/QUOTE

He’s no longer there
                              I bet he still will give you his opinion!

Comment

Working...
                              X