Feeding Wild Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding Wild Turkey

I have had about 30 turkey visiting my yard the past week and I would like to keep them around. Next to corn in the deer feeder is there a inexpensive feed I can spread on the ground that will help keep them coming around?

Thanks,

milo

Comment

Buy some girl turkey's.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

X2 on the Milo.
        Not cheap but, our turkeys LOVE sunflower seed.

Comment

Hen scratch

Comment

This.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
              Hen scratch
              x2

Comment

Drinking kind is more fun.

Comment

Milo but keeping them around is tough in the spring. They are some roaming suckers on our place and we feed all year......may be a little different where you are but ours rarely roost in the same place every night.

Comment

We did 50/50 milo and corn in our feeder and the turkey were on it every time, on time.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                      We did 50/50 milo and corn in our feeder and the turkey were on it every time, on time.
                      I think I will try this next time I need to fill the feeder. Will probably bring in more birds as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Milo but keeping them around is tough in the spring. They are some roaming suckers on our place and we feed all year......may be a little different where you are but ours rarely roost in the same place every night.
                        They do roam.

Table scraps. They will go crazy over fat and cooked vegies and even biscuits and stale potato chips. They are like chickens........

Comment

Buy the biggest bag of bulk gird food you can find. Take fertilizer/seed spreader(push type) fill with seed and walk the area you want them

Comment

We feed milo. You can dump it right on the ground or put it in a turkey feeder.

Comment

I put hen scratch in this feeder and had turkeys on it in a day. The deer like it too I really prefer just milo though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X