• Show
Clear All

Well, I just put in my $9 worth!!!

Comment

I wish gohunt would include Texas draw odds

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie0959 View Post
        I wish gohunt would include Texas draw odds
        Several of the hunts tell you the # of Applicants last year and the # of permits available and success rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          Several of the hunts tell you the # of Applicants last year and the # of permits available and success rate.
          Yep. But they don't say how many total entries there were after applying everybody's loyalty points, so you still don't have exact odds. But you know that a hunt that had 4,000 applicants for 10 permits has slimmer odds than a hunt that had 400 applicants for 15 permits.

They do publish previous years' harvest stats:

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Yep. But they don't say how many total entries there were after applying everybody's loyalty points, so you still don't have exact odds. But you know that a hunt that had 4,000 applicants for 10 permits has slimmer odds than a hunt that had 400 applicants for 15 permits.

They do publish previous years' harvest stats:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...atistics.phtml
            Applications not applicant, if you have 4 people on one card for a hunt they still count that a one application. Regardless odds of getting drawn scarce.
            Last edited by bossbowman; 08-14-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Two great points!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Applications not applicant, if you have 4 people on one card for a hunt they still count that a one application. Regardless odds of getting drawn scarce.
                The catalog shows the number of applicants, permits available, and success rates for each hunt last year. It doesn't show how many group applications were submitted.

Comment

bout the only drawings that show true odds are the US FOREST SERVICE ANTERLESS DEER PERMITS cuz only single applicants.

Comment

Next round of draws deadline is today. Good luck to all.

Comment

License sales are also open today which means after you get your APH e-postcard hunts are available.

Comment

So my nephew and I had a misunderstanding and I applied us for a hunt and he applied us for the same hunt. What happens then? Do they just draw one application and DQ the other?

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                          So my nephew and I had a misunderstanding and I applied us for a hunt and he applied us for the same hunt. What happens then? Do they just draw one application and DQ the other?
                          I accidentally applied for the same hunt twice and the system wouldn't allow it. It informed me that I had already applied. That was with me as the main applicant, not sure what would happen if someone else added me to theirs.

In the past both applications would be void.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                            I think you are SOL for that hunt. I believe you will be disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                              Next round of draws deadline is today. Good luck to all.

Should know by tomorrow afternoon. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                                Should know by tomorrow afternoon. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I will be impatiently waiting!

Comment

Working...
                                X