Bad Timing - Bow Mod Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Timing - Bow Mod Help !

My D-Loop (lower knot) has lost its ability to grip the bowstring. Now when I draw I am not getting a clear sight picture through the peep sight. I used the D-loop to help bring the peep back to perfect alignment but since the knot is slipping it doesn't work.

should i set the knot where i need it and put superglue on the knot/string...or melt some wax on it...or replace the D-loop with a new one and hope it lines up perfectly so i don't have to resight my bow.

Line it up and then cinch it down with some needle nose pliers. Carefully! Put pliers thru the loop and open

Or take it to CCR and let us fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Line it up and then cinch it down with some needle nose pliers. Carefully! Put pliers thru the loop and open

This. ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
        line it up and then cinch it down with some needle nose pliers. Carefully! Put pliers thru the loop and open

or take it to ccr and let us fix it.
        this!!!

Comment

No superglue!!
          Listen to fishndude. Take it to a shop. Might just need a cable twist and new loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot with the pliers if it doesn't hold I'll see if I can make the drive up to CCR. I only have 2 weeks to hunt this year, starting oct 1...the timing couldn't be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
              Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot with the pliers if it doesn't hold I'll see if I can make the drive up to CCR. I only have 2 weeks to hunt this year, starting oct 1...the timing couldn't be worse.
              If that's the case, I'd skip giving anything a "shot" and just head to CCR.

Comment

I took your advice Fishindude and it worked beautifully! I was able to make it through the 2-week hunt without any issues, shot and killed 2 bucks! I appreciate your help!

Comment

Buy some loop and pliers. Very simple to fix yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X