The Trump drama never stops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    He just might be able to get some on those things done if they would quiit fighting him every step of the way Hes only been in office for a short time and yet people whine and moan about getting things done....NOW These things take time no? I admit I dont go to capital hill and not well polished on politics but good grief give the man a little time. Dems and Rep both arent helping much it seems.
    Lots of truth there as i had that take during the election . I was shouted down because the Republicans held both houses comfortably. Sadly, that has not proven to be helpful due to multiple reasons......some external and some internal!!! But remember, canidate Trump is the one that made the bold promises to all of us.....no matter how bizarre , and outlandish folks ate it up! Time to put up something on the scoreboard.....anything.[emoji20]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      I would rather he focus on what he promised and quit talking.
      Heck, I thought we already voted for the proper canidates based on the tea party recommendations? Oops....guess we all got duped.....again. Bring me a slate of the ones that can complete the task.....any recommendations? ??[emoji102] Thus the problemo with all this party stuff.....jyst give me someone that makes decisions based on what is best for the country.[emoji631]

You have someone. Problem is, most of congress is obstructing him. Hence the post of mine you quoted.

Comment

Lots of truth there as i had that take during the election . I was shouted down because the Republicans held both houses comfortably. Sadly, that has not proven to be helpful due to multiple reasons......some external and some internal!!! But remember, canidate Trump is the one that made the bold promises to all of us.....no matter how bizarre , and outlandish folks ate it up! Time to put up something on the scoreboard.....anything.[emoji20]

Bested Krooked Hillary (Huge accomplishment IMO)

Appointed Supreme Justice (Huge victory IMO)

Kate's law has passed

Border crossings are reportedly way down

Stock Market is off the charts

LEO morale is way up (so I've heard)

Small victories add up over time

I do agree he needs to get un-Affordable no Care repealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          You have someone. Problem is, most of congress is obstructing him. Hence the post of mine you quoted.
          Just because you're the CEO doesn't mean you ruin the company.
          Those little ppl under you actually get things done

If you can't work cohesively with them You run your business in the ground which is what we're seeing with trump.

Trump admonishing Sessions the way he did is like a CEO hiring a new SVP then a few months later talking very bad about the persons work ethic.
          Shameful.

That might work at Trump University but it doesn't work in the v Executive Branch

Comment

Regrettably no, or should I say nobody that is tied to the primary parties that run the political engine of America. If any of us truly has a candidate and if they are NOT blessed by the "party" of choice they wont get very far.......that is the system WE have allowed to take over our countries politics. Thus the quandary WE must overcome..........the way to do that will become painfully apparent if we don't move the ball forward as a nation. I think some want that sadly?
            I digress: The real question is, "why is MOST of the congress obstructing him?" The Republicans (Rino's or conservative) run the place by shear majority numbers. What is missing? I don't claim to have the answers but I have lots of questions for folks smarter than me. Something more than the run of the mill responses of "he is an outsider, or he is draining the swamp and Congress does not like it" are in order!
            Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Bested Krooked Hillary (Huge accomplishment IMO)

Appointed Supreme Justice (Huge victory IMO)

Kate's law has passed

Border crossings are reportedly way down

Stock Market is off the charts

LEO morale is way up (so I've heard)

Small victories add up over time

I do agree he needs to get un-Affordable no Care repealed.
            Very fair post sir, thought provoking.
            I will always give credit where it is due.
            Here is my take on each area:

Hillary was the election, 2 entered the fray 1 survived...congrats...now lead our country please!

Justice Gorsich.......good deal, I agree. Now move on and lead our country please!

Kate's Law........excellent. Now when is he going to complete the immigration task? Instead of approving more H1 visa's to compete with more Americans......ouch! That is not what he promised the voters. Get back on track and lead our country please!

Border crossings are way down........excellent. But that is not from anything that has happened since the election from what I can surmise.....maybe I am missing something. The fear of what "could happen" if you cross our border wont last much longer. When are we hiring 3K+ border patrol, getting triple the number of drones in the skies (which is smart & cheap to maintain), build a wall of 3,000 miles (which is silly & crazy expensive) and evict folks from our midst that are not supposed to be here? Get back at it and lead our country please!

LEO morale is up. Works for me also, being happy (and relatively safe) in your career choice is always a positive thing for sure. But in retrospect, I guess if you get paid to do a chosen job (dig ditches, trash collection, sewer cleaner, or worse) the expectation is to complete the tasks know matter how disturbing if they fall under the job description. In my opinion our LEO did a stand up job during a stressful time but that is part of the job description.........civil discourse has happened many other times in our history.....but protect & serve is all that matters in the end! Thankfully all of that chaos has stabilized due to the election results.........focus on your multitude of promises and lead our country.

Yessir small victories do add up, but he was not put in place for small accomplishments. He and his voters promised the moon and that is the expectation......nothing less!

The ACA is either going away or has to be fixed. If that is not doable with a majority WE THE PEOPLE cant help him. Again, something is amiss in my opinion. Get back to work and don't come out until there is a quorum.....old saying comes to mind, DO YOUR JOB! Thus the reason he was elected and the rest of the nitwits up there over the last few years.

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            Just because you're the CEO doesn't mean you ruin the company.
            Those little ppl under you actually get things done

If you can't work cohesively with them You run your business in the ground which is what we're seeing with trump.

Trump admonishing Sessions the way he did is like a CEO hiring a new SVP then a few months later talking very bad about the persons work ethic.
            Shameful.

That might work at Trump University but it doesn't work in the v Executive Branch
            Very simplistic but exactly what Kavouto (sp) and the panel today were saying in unisom. Why would he even go down that road with the press? He despises the press, so don't answer a leading question/topic and stay on message. Healthcare and Tax Reform is all that matters to the American citizen!!!
            Last edited by Landrover; 07-20-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

He was instrumental in freeing the Juice

His Supreme Court appointment IMO is a huge, even if he can't/doesn't get anything else accomplished. That has a lasting affect for several decades.

I have hope he will be able to get more accomplished in due time. Keep in mind, it took 22 months to to draft and get Obama Care done. It's going to take time to repeal and replace.

Comment

His Supreme Court appointment IMO is a huge, even if he can't/doesn't get anything else accomplished. That has a lasting affect for several decades.

I have hope he will be able to get more accomplished in due time. Keep in mind, it took 22 months to to draft and get Obama Care done. It's going to take time to repeal and replace.
                LOL.........good one sir!!! The Juice is Loose......for a little while at least.....lol.
                Oh, repeal was supposedly on DAY ONE per his campaign promise......over and over and over! Then he ( President Trump) wanted to replace at the same time.....lol.......why? It would make one think that the fix was in on this whole deal. Why not Just go back to the old system until they can come up with something hopefully better? Yep, 22 months as compared to 7 years .....there time was horribly mis-managed on this deal......lol!

Comment

In all fairness, it's not Trumps fault nothing was on his desk day one or even now. It's all the other idiots in Washington that are so incompetent they couldn't find their own *** if they were already grabbing it with both hands.

Comment

LOL.........good one sir!!! The Juice is Loose......for a little while at least.....lol.
                    Oh, repeal was supposedly on DAY ONE per his campaign promise......over and over and over! Then he ( President Trump) wanted to replace at the same time.....lol.......why? It would make one think that the fix was in on this whole deal. Why not Just go back to the old system until they can come up with something hopefully better? Yep, 22 months as compared to 7 years .....there time was horribly mis-managed on this deal......lol!
                    Excuses excuses

It took how much money and how many years to build WTC?
                    It took how many minutes to bring them down?

Git er dun!

Did trump not think he was going to win?
                    Why not already have this Obamacare solution in place written up and ready to go just sitting on a thumbdrive somewhere?

They didn't start drafting the replacement until after inauguration.
                    The whole team is inept at getting anything done except for "draining the swamp"

How many of you are in senior management?
                    Do you wait six months before you start...
                    Nevermind.
                    Last edited by texansfan; 07-20-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

In all fairness, it's not Trumps fault nothing was on his desk day one or even now. It's all the other idiots in Washington that are so incompetent they couldn't find their own *** if they were already grabbing it with both hands.
                      OMG
                      You really lost it
                      HES THE PRESIDENT
                      He puts ppl in place to write this stuff then get it sent up through Congress for him to sign it!!!

This is why he needed to be working with mconnel and Ryan to have them write what he would sign when they present it to him.

Teamwork!!!!

Did Obama write Obamacare?
                      He had a team do it and force it through Congress.

Land rover please link that PBS special about how a bill is passed because some of us have no clue.

Comment

Regrettably no, or should I say nobody that is tied to the primary parties that run the political engine of America. If any of us truly has a candidate and if they are NOT blessed by the "party" of choice they wont get very far.......that is the system WE have allowed to take over our countries politics. Thus the quandary WE must overcome..........the way to do that will become painfully apparent if we don't move the ball forward as a nation. I think some want that sadly?
                        I digress: The real question is, "why is MOST of the congress obstructing him?" The Republicans (Rino's or conservative) run the place by shear majority numbers. What is missing? I don't claim to have the answers but I have lots of questions for folks smarter than me. Something more than the run of the mill responses of "he is an outsider, or he is draining the swamp and Congress does not like it" are in order!

Very fair post sir, thought provoking.
                        I will always give credit where it is due.
                        Here is my take on each area:

Hillary was the election, 2 entered the fray 1 survived...congrats...now lead our country please!

Justice Gorsich.......good deal, I agree. Now move on and lead our country please!

Kate's Law........excellent. Now when is he going to complete the immigration task? Instead of approving more H1 visa's to compete with more Americans......ouch! That is not what he promised the voters. Get back on track and lead our country please!

Border crossings are way down........excellent. But that is not from anything that has happened since the election from what I can surmise.....maybe I am missing something. The fear of what "could happen" if you cross our border wont last much longer. When are we hiring 3K+ border patrol, getting triple the number of drones in the skies (which is smart & cheap to maintain), build a wall of 3,000 miles (which is silly & crazy expensive) and evict folks from our midst that are not supposed to be here? Get back at it and lead our country please!

LEO morale is up. Works for me also, being happy (and relatively safe) in your career choice is always a positive thing for sure. But in retrospect, I guess if you get paid to do a chosen job (dig ditches, trash collection, sewer cleaner, or worse) the expectation is to complete the tasks know matter how disturbing if they fall under the job description. In my opinion our LEO did a stand up job during a stressful time but that is part of the job description.........civil discourse has happened many other times in our history.....but protect & serve is all that matters in the end! Thankfully all of that chaos has stabilized due to the election results.........focus on your multitude of promises and lead our country.

Yessir small victories do add up, but he was not put in place for small accomplishments. He and his voters promised the moon and that is the expectation......nothing less!

The ACA is either going away or has to be fixed. If that is not doable with a majority WE THE PEOPLE cant help him. Again, something is amiss in my opinion. Get back to work and don't come out until there is a quorum.....old saying comes to mind, DO YOUR JOB! Thus the reason he was elected and the rest of the nitwits up there over the last few years.

Very simplistic but exactly what Kavouto (sp) and the panel today were saying in unisom. Why would he even go down that road with the press? He despises the press, so don't answer a leading question/topic and stay on message. Healthcare and Tax Reform is all that matters to the American citizen!!!
                        It's interesting to me that you say "your guy" Kevin Brady is a weasel, but then you want Trump to get something done...........using your weasel. The irony is thick indeed.

Comment

in my company if things don't get done then a higher up is responsible.
                          Their head will roll.
                          Why?
                          Because the officers LEAD and MANAGE the troops to ensure the task is carried out
                          That's why they get paid the big bucks.

If a corporation didn't meet their numbers they don't fire the underlings, they fire the ceo and meet their marks with the same staff but a new CEO.

If the employees don't like the ceo or his making style them the company suffers and the ceo will quickly be replaced

Comment

It's interesting to me that you say "your guy" Kevin Brady is a weasel, but then you want Trump to get something done...........using your weasel. The irony is thick indeed.
                            He's his guy because he lives in his constituency.
                            I don't think he meant that they were "boys"

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              He's his guy because he lives in his constituency.
                              I don't think he meant that they were "boys"
                              No **** Sherlock! Land Rover said it was "my guy". I didn't just make that up. Point being, there are a lot of weasels that Trump has to deal with to get things done, but some seem to think he doesn't need congress to do that. Another glaring point is that the overwhelming majority of the Republicans ran on, or stated that they wanted an outright repeal on Obamacare, but now they are backing down. Is that Trumps fault?

Comment

No **** Sherlock! Land Rover said it was "my guy". I didn't just make that up. Point being, there are a lot of weasels that Trump has to deal with to get things done, but some seem to think he doesn't need congress to do that. Another glaring point is that the overwhelming majority of the Republicans ran on, or stated that they wanted an outright repeal on Obamacare, but now they are backing down. Is that Trumps fault?
                                That means alotta folks voted for liars.
                                Is that what the republican party is based on?
                                Those type of values?

What happened to "small government"?

I'm only trying to point out to folks that you're being had.

You think these guys have your best interest in mind and you're voting for a R over a D but in the end that R is D'ing you more than that D would.

I want to go to Kevin Brady's town hall and check the pulse.
                                I wonder if he'd tell you how his constituency is split on Obamacare?

Last edited by texansfan; 07-20-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X