Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing an Extended Warranty for a vehicle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing an Extended Warranty for a vehicle??

Has anyone done this when their mfg warranty is about to / or has expired? Pros & cons? Recommendations for aftermarket warranty companies?

My wife has a 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 and her warranty expires in less than 500 miles so I've been throwing around the idea of either trading it in for a new ride or buying an extended warranty. The maintenance costs on this thing are unbelievable and I don't want to have to pay repair costs too!

The car has had some issues/quirks recently and has been throwing a warning light saying that it's overheating (probably a faulty thermostat), etc. But she called me about 20 minutes ago and said that she was driving around the loop and out of nowhere a VERY LOUD noise came about. Said it sounded like there was a weed-eater running full speed in her glove box!

Trade it in. Aftermarket warranties suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NO!

Comment

Avoid aftermarket warranties when you can. Unfortunately, expensive maintenance issues are too pervasive when you consider the upfront cost of any Mercedes. Trading it in might be your only move here.

Comment

You can still get factory extended warranty from your dealer. If your not going to trade it off, check this oprion out.

Comment

As for the weedeater.....if her car is like my truck and my wife’s car, the glovebox is where the cabin air filter lives. Leaves can get in there and make that noise when the ac is on.

Comment

Factory extended warranties are good. I have a genuine Ford 7/125 on my superduty. Pretty darn close to the 3/36 with some exceptions.
              Aftermarket are junk.
              The best warranty for a Mercedes c300 is a Lexus ES.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                As for the weedeater.....if her car is like my truck and my wife’s car, the glovebox is where the cabin air filter lives. Leaves can get in there and make that noise when the ac is on.

I was thinking it may be something along these lines, too. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out

Comment

I went with our dealer on this. my wife's factory 7year/100,000 mile was almost up, about a month from 7 years and we added another 3yr/36K to it. Had to be inspected by the maintenance department but that wasn't a big deal.

Comment

I have one on our Infiniti QX....saved me a ton of money. $100 deductible and covered pretty much everything and thank goodness it did, because everything you can imagine has needed repair. Never again on Infiniti. When this ext warranty is out, we trading it in.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      You can still get factory extended warranty from your dealer. If your not going to trade it off, check this oprion out.
                      Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                      Factory extended warranties are good. I have a genuine Ford 7/125 on my superduty. Pretty darn close to the 3/36 with some exceptions.
                      Aftermarket are junk.
                      The best warranty for a Mercedes c300 is a Lexus ES.
                      I'm going to get a quote for the factory extended warranty. Hopefully they don't ask for my first born child in return!

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                        I'm going to get a quote for the factory extended warranty. Hopefully they don't ask for my first born child in return!
                        The factory warranties are the way to go. As for you noise, see if it changes with the ac fan speed. Probably something in blower.

Comment

You would get rid of it just because the warranty expired? Ah, see the issues you’re having. Trade it in.

Comment

I got tired of peeling off $1,200 every time we took it in for anything so we swore off German cars after owning several. My last Mercedes had a bumper to bumper Benz warranty but I still had to pay when some weird auxiliary battery died that required removing the front passenger seat to change. It wasn't covered That was the last straw. Lexus service is cheaper and the cars ride just as good as the Germans.

Comment

Wife has a BMW. I went ahead and purchased the extended when I bought the car. It was through Omega Autocare. Same experience as RLB. $100 deductible came in use several times and I don't have to go to the dealership. Her 7 year warrantee runs out in another year and I no problem if she wants another BMW before it runs out (not too many hard top convertibles on the market). They have been easy to deal with.

Along those lines, I need to get one for my Ford diesel. Talk about expensive repairs... So if anyone has recommendations, I am all ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X