Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
    thats awesome heath. how did you guys do?

Slow night but we killed one.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Has anyone with a photon xt attempted to, with a quality QD mount zero their optic on more than one weapon?

Theoretically by remembering your X,Y coordinates you should be able to switch between weapons simply by changing the X,Y to match the weapon....am I making sense here? If not I apologize, sitting at a christmas gymnastics show for children and got to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post
          Has anyone with a photon xt attempted to, with a quality QD mount zero their optic on more than one weapon?

Theoretically by remembering your X,Y coordinates you should be able to switch between weapons simply by changing the X,Y to match the weapon....am I making sense here? If not I apologize, sitting at a christmas gymnastics show for children and got to thinking.

Makes total sense. Theoretically it should work (and be awesome). I'll try it if you will, too!

Comment

Makes perfect sense to me. Way to think outside the box.

Comment

Oh yea, I'm going to test the waters...just need some time is the problem.

Comment

Danger close......

Shoot.......Shoot.......SHOOT!!!

Last edited by Tbar; 12-14-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post

Actually funny you mention this. I was on the phone with one of the Sightmark tech and support/repair guys last week and he mentioned to me that it's important that people note the X Y settings it takes 15 seconds to be zero'ed back in. Then he mentioned exactly what you did.....if you have another rifle, you can switch between the two as long as you know the settings for each rifle and you've got a good set of bases that hold true on each gun. It makes total sense but I'd never thought about it before!

Comment

Hmmm I may have to buy a couple QD mounts so I can switch between my ar and bolt action.

Comment

I've thought about that too. I've decided that It should work too. Lol as long as you have a good QD. Like a LaRue mount. Haven't done it yet though

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        Actually funny you mention this. I was on the phone with one of the Sightmark tech and support/repair guys last week and he mentioned to me that it's important that people note the X Y settings it takes 15 seconds to be zero'ed back in. Then he mentioned exactly what you did.....if you have another rifle, you can switch between the two as long as you know the settings for each rifle and you've got a good set of bases that hold true on each gun. It makes total sense but I'd never thought about it before!

Genius! Now I'm gonna need some info from yall. I have a Burris PERP QD mount. I will do some test switching between rifles and noting how well the Burris mount works. Other folks with different or even the same
                        Mount lets get some data on best held zero mount for future photon users

Comment

I'm guessing upfront that the issue will be rail size. If the rails on your two guns are identical, little or no adjustment of the QD screws will be necessary, and zero should hold. However, even a small change in the screws will probably throw off the zero at 150 yards.

Comment

Friday night was a bust. After driving down after work, my wife and I got in the stand a little late (7:30pm) and busted the hogs at the feeder. They came back one more time about 10 pm and only stayed about 30 seconds.

Saturday Night I headed out to the stand about 7 to try my luck again. I was about 50 yards from the stand creeping down the road with no lights and I saw a shadow to my right. I turned my head and at about 15-20 yards I could make out the silhouette of a hog trotting by. I turned, pushed the button on my Photon twice, went to the vitals and shot. First shot with the 55 grain 223 was solid, but he caught another gear. The second shot dropped him. When he dropped I lost him, but could hear him thrashing. I flipped my head light on and saw him at 20 yards laying in the road I walked in on. A couple more insurance shots to the back of the dome and he was done. This is my first hog at our new property and my first with the Photon. Im glad it was an exciting one.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Travis

Comment

Thats what im talkin about Tavis. well done

Comment

Working...
                                X