Vertix vs SR6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertix vs SR6

Disclaimer: I am no expert by any means!

I shot both bows today and here is my take on them:
    Both set at 28". 70# on the vertix, #64 on the SR6

Vertix: The grip is the best part of this bow to me. Absolutely awesome grip. Draw was smooth (as expected). Dropped off into the valley very quick and it's a shallow valley. Very quiet. No vibration. Jumped pretty hard when letting it down.

SR6: Grip was not as comfortable, but at full draw they were equal. Draw was smoother than the vertix (#64 vs #70). I did not notice the "hump" I have read about. Holding at full draw felt very natural. Louder than the vertix plus a little vibration that dissipated quickly (still very quiet for what it is). I took my 454grain arrows and it quieted it down some vs whatever the shop had me shooting. When letting down, you almost had to push it forwards. Definitely not your average "speed bow".

Final thoughts: Basically a neck and neck race. I am leaning on buying the SR6, everything just felt right. I am going to wait to shoot a #70 and see if I still feel the same way. Definitely going to shoot both again before I make a final decision. I will also update here when I make that decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nice. Did you happen to shoot them through a chrono? I’m afraid to go shoot the new ones

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      Nice. Did you happen to shoot them through a chrono? I’m afraid to go shoot the new ones
      I did not.... I will when I go back to purchase. I plan to go on a week day so there's less folks in the shop. Both are plenty fast. I told myself I'd never buy new again, but here we are. Lol. Glad I skipped the triax craze. Shot one of those today as well just to see and put it down after 2 shots. Then shot about close to 70-80 arrows between the SR6 and Vertix.

Comment

SR6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a vertix 28.5" 70# and it is shooting 438gr arrow right @ 300fps. 452 @ 296.

Comment

I’m trying to decide between the vertix and the triax right now. Everyone is making some nice bows right now

Comment

I’m trying to decide between the vertix and the triax right now. Everyone is making some nice bows right now

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                No brainer vertix over triax for me. I only shot the triax a few times before putting it down and focusing on the SR6 and vertix. I will be buying one or the other after the first of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                  I didnt get a triax last year because I did not like the grip at all. The new grip is way better and the 2 more inches in ata keep from being as severe of a string angle.

Comment

Good info.

Comment

What would be a reasonable price for a used triax loaded? I'm looking at getting my first bow, and there's lots of people selling Triaxs. Hoping to try them out at a shop near my next week. but been hearing alot of good stuff about vertix/traverse. Just not sure if I should pay alot more extra for a maybe slightly better bow.

Comment

Originally posted by thematticus View Post
                        What would be a reasonable price for a used triax loaded? I'm looking at getting my first bow, and there's lots of people selling Triaxs. Hoping to try them out at a shop near my next week. but been hearing alot of good stuff about vertix/traverse. Just not sure if I should pay alot more extra for a maybe slightly better bow.
                        If you're getting a first bow, I would probably start with something a little less cost wise. But whatever floats your boat, there was a triax just posted in the classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                        X