Nutritional concern for venison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutritional concern for venison

I should have been more clear when i posted this... sorry...

Curious if anyone has ever seen a meat quality test done of any sort on low fence bucks vs high fence. We eat a lot of the deer we kill. That goes for my kids and probably 200 other kids and family members a year. How much better or worse are high fence deer that eat pellet feed probably 70% of their diet vs low fence that are 100% or at least 90% natural browse. assuming all pellet feed is pretty much the same give or take a little...

What i was trying the determine is that if any studies have ever been done that show the effects of pellet raised deer meat vs natural browse only deer (or for the most part). The cost of farmed salmon by me is 1/2 the price of "wild caught". Why is that??? Wild is supposed to be healthier for you? Why? is it true you are what you eat?

High fence installer

We just put up 25,000 ft of fence/predator wire. We used Beem Fence. Mark Beem. If anyone needs a fence guy who is honest, hard working and does NOT cut corners this is the guy. His team was there from sun up to dark. they were lower than 90% of the quotes i got and used nothing but the HD poles vs t posts... our last fence was t-posts and u could shake it and it would move. you cant move this fence... i don't back many companies but this guy i do. never met him before this and don't have anything to gain by posting this... Scott

Comment

Interesting topic. I'm no help but definitely would like to know if there's any significant difference known.

Comment

I can't imagine it'd be any worse or different than beef being on feed. For fish and shrimp there are studies showing difference in nutrition and quality from wild vs farmed

There are some important differences between wild and farmed salmon. They include nutrient composition, fatty acids, and organic contaminants.

Comment

Got me thinking if I was to eat the high fence meat maybe my horn would grow extra points

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting topic to research.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I eat axis and fallow off a small high fenced place and if it was any better I couldn’t stand it !

Comment

Probably too many variables to be a good comparison. Main variables being different food sources across the different state regions.

Also, can you guarantee HF deer eat 100% pellet diet or do they browse also? 5 acre bare ground breeder pen or 1000acre HF natural habitat. How much do they browse?

I would also bet there is variances across each manufacturers pellet feed. Supposedly antler max has a additive that makes it further through the digestive system where it is absorbed more efficiently. This could impact meat quality by what exactly is absorbed and what isn’t.

You can control a beef scenario a little bit better because the cattle are actually in a feed lot or a pasture.

I don’t know, it is definitely a question that is probably studied more in depth by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Got me thinking if I was to eat the high fence meat maybe my horn would grow extra points

I hunt East Texas, might explain why my horn may never reach antler restrictions.

Comment

Better get you some double up instead of double down.

Comment

Let me know how that works out!

Comment

Eat a fare share of both. Can’t really tell difference. Our high fence still eat a lot of natural food on the ranch. We have gotten away from pellet feeding and doing mostly cotton seed. But I’m interested as well

Comment

Working...
                        X