Upgrade suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jboehle21 View Post
    Thank you for the podcast link that has really opened up my eyes to the tune ability of an ilf bow until I get to the point where I know exactly what I want in a trad bow I think that’s the direction I’m gonna head
    Or don't worry about tuning the bow other then brace and nock height, go out shoot a ton and tune yourself, not the bow!

Comment

True but I value my time and energy plus I don’t know what I like yet so having a platform where I can change the grips, tiller, poundage with a change of limbs is a huge help instead of buying a 1000 dollar bow only to realize that it’s not what I want

Comment

Buy the Satori. Dont frill yourself. Dont look back. Go kill and get bloody. Be happy.

Fred Eichler Signature Series Satori riser optimizes innovation, cutting-edge technology, and classic designs In designing this bow Fred Eichler and Hoyt engineers made sure the Satori was the perfect blend of both traditional and modern technology Features micro-adjust limb alignment system, original Hoyt dovetail sys

$450 for a riser only...youre about half way there. I commend your desire for options and changeability. Limbs for this setup and limbs for that setup and arrows for this setup and arrows for that setup, not to mention broadheads for this and that setup...adds up pretty quick... well past $1000. Then your also playing hokey pokey with your sights for different setups on the same riser.

Otherwise...Buy Texan. Be happy.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-22-2020, 05:01 PM. Reason: BroadheadThisThatSpake

Comment

True but I value my time and energy plus I don’t know what I like yet so having a platform where I can change the grips, tiller, poundage with a change of limbs is a huge help instead of buying a 1000 dollar bow only to realize that it’s not what I want
          I value my time and energy as well, nor did I recommend a $1000 bow. I believe we have different views on the process is all. That Satori should be a good pick for you. Enjoy what you shoot, have fun customizing your trad bow, remember... it's all about fun!

Comment

Originally posted by TxSportsman View Post
            I value my time and energy as well, nor did I recommend a $1000 bow. I believe we have different views on the process is all. That Satori should be a good pick for you. Enjoy what you shoot, have fun customizing your trad bow, remember... it's all about fun!
            Well, the large gut piles are nice too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Well, the large gut piles are nice too.

Well yea, that too

Comment

Well since I have some of yalls attention have any of y’all tried the woodsman broadheads from 3 rivers

Comment

Well since I have some of yalls attention have any of y’all tried the woodsman broadheads from 3 rivers
                  I have. The Wiodsman Elites.
                  The come dull as a butter knife and I bent one on a spine and one on a shoulder blade. They don't hold an edge and aren't very good for what they cost.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up I’ve been shooting zwikey glue ons but want to go carbon and looking for a good screw in option

Comment

My Satori is dusty, too heavy to hunt with.
                      My Bob Lee is still being set up, awaiting arrows.
                      My Blacktail Legacy is my favorite and gets looks from others.

Comment

thumbs down on woodsmans, nothing beats a good wooden bow even with some synthetics in it. not a fan of the rest. effective i am sure but still gadgetry

Comment

Originally posted by TxSportsman View Post
                          Or don't worry about tuning the bow other then brace and nock height, go out shoot a ton and tune yourself, not the bow!
                          That's a great way to turn off a lot of new shooters. Many people struggle for years to get confident with their shot in no small part to not understanding the dynamics of their bow and arrow setup. ILF system or not, with the help of someone that understands shooting mechanics and has experience tuning, you can have someone ready to hunt in a matter of hours. Without a tuned setup, you will never know if bad arrow fight was something the shooter did or if it's the setup.

I do not own an ILF rig, but there's no harm in having options within your setup and learning bow and arrow dynamics will make you a better archer. If you want to go from shooting split to string crawling, then you can with just a simple turn of a bolt instead of having to potentially buy a new bow or limbs. It's like having a becoming your own custom bowyer. It'll never be as pretty as a wood bow though...

Comment

I haven't, but VPA makes a great 3 blade and RMS Gear is supposed to be releasing one soon.

Comment

Upgrade suggestions

Originally posted by Cenizo View Post
                              That's a great way to turn off a lot of new shooters. Many people struggle for years to get confident with their shot in no small part to not understanding the dynamics of their bow and arrow setup. ILF system or not, with the help of someone that understands shooting mechanics and has experience tuning, you can have someone ready to hunt in a matter of hours. Without a tuned setup, you will never know if bad arrow fight was something the shooter did or if it's the setup.

I do not own an ILF rig, but there's no harm in having options within your setup and learning bow and arrow dynamics will make you a better archer. If you want to go from shooting split to string crawling, then you can with just a simple turn of a bolt instead of having to potentially buy a new bow or limbs. It's like having a becoming your own custom bowyer. It'll never be as pretty as a wood bow though...

I disagree. When I transitioned from compound to traditional I bogged myself down in “tuning” and it just about ruined my Trad enjoyment. Every arrow the didn’t fly true, missed its mark, had an odd nock angle, when I had string slap, form issues, anchor point, hand tension, grip, finger tension, release, follow through, stance, back tension, etc made me question what I was doing.

It wasn’t until I had direction from a fellow trad shooter about having fun and clearing my mind that I was able to vastly improve my accuracy and experience. BUT! This process and style is definitely not for everyone and I do not think it would be good for the OP after his comments and definitely not for you.

Of course the brace needs to be correct, as well as nock height and the arrow needs to match the shooter and bow but beyond that I’m not concerned about the other stuff.

My advice for a new shooter regardless of their perceived path to the end... have fun at first. If the technical side is for you, then go down that path after you’ve enjoyed the sport a bit, because in my personal experience all of the technical stuff almost ruined it for me.

At the end of the day though, do what you enjoy and works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by TxSportsman; 11-01-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X