"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    8mm is fine for a tether, just not for use with a Ropeman 1.

It's not about the rope strength, it's the OD of the rope. The Ropeman 1 is only rated to grip from 10-13mm rope.

The Ropeman 2 is rated for 8-13mm rope, so if that's what he's using or some different ascender then carry on.

With that said I've hung from an 8mm tether with a Ropeman 1, just at ground level to see if it would work though and it held. I wouldn't trust it at height though.
    Ah. My mistake. I'm not familiar enough with saddles to release you were talking about a specific product

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ropeman 2s currently. I'm not a fan of the cam teeth. Looking at trying the Petzel Basic.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        Ropeman 2s currently. I'm not a fan of the cam teeth. Looking at trying the Petzel Basic.
        Ah, gotcha. Those Ropeman 2 teeth are nasty looking... I use Predator Rope for my tether and linemans with a ropeman 1 on the tether, will probably put one on the linemans belt eventually too

Comment

Delivery scheduled for this Thursday!
          Heck yeah!

Comment

I made this, at 73 I need all the help I can get. ladders stand, deer, hog cart. Can use 1 to 3, 6 ft sections. Also HHS system. Hitch pins on axle to remove tires when using stand.
            Attached Files

Comment

I want to see Navy Chief up in a tree saddle out there! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                I want to see Navy Chief up in a tree saddle out there! Lol
                He doesn't need one.. he's already tall enough

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                  I made this, at 73 I need all the help I can get. ladders stand, deer, hog cart. Can use 1 to 3, 6 ft sections. Also HHS system. Hitch pins on axle to remove tires when using stand.
                  That is cool. Love the u bolts axle attach.
                  I used remants from a rusted BBQ pit for wheels and axle for my Kayak carrier. I swiped my Grand kids pool noodle for the cushion.
                  Carry on the Innovation young man!
                  I am still on the ground.

Comment

Good idea for a Kayak carrier!

Comment

I dig it! Love some innovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post

Hopefully the sheath on your 8mm is pretty rugged. The ropeman 2 is hell on rope sheaths when used in the same location over and over like we do in saddle hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody else heading out this weekend? Sunday weather looks promising

Comment

Saw my first Sounder today, was about 20 of them. Half of them were piglets but there was a couple big ones in the group. They were running through the woods about 100 yards from me and stopped to do what pigs do. Got to within about 60 yards when they heard a noise from across the lake(shotgun I think) and proceeded to haul it out of there. Tried to follow them but lost em.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                              Hopefully the sheath on your 8mm is pretty rugged. The ropeman 2 is hell on rope sheaths when used in the same location over and over like we do in saddle hunting.

Yeah, I was using on my treestand ropes. They will be repurposed and news kongs or r2s purchased for the saddle setup.

I am having a saddle meet and greet at Granger lake Saturday Jan 25th to practice and learn together. Thread is in Around the campfire page.

Hopefully some veterans show to help up newbies out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                                Anybody else heading out this weekend? Sunday weather looks promising

I am moving around to get started that way for a while at least. Probably from the canoe launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X