X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion – 5 of 7
    "PORTIONS"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 25:1-27:19, 1 Kings 5:26 to 6:13, Hebrews 8:1-6; 9:23-24; 10:1)

The Lampstand - Menorah

Exodus 25:31-40 “Make a menorah of pure gold and hammer it out, base and shaft; its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms shall be of one piece with it. Six branches are to extend from the sides of the menorah - three on one side and three on the other. Three cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms are to be on one branch, three on the next branch, and the same for all six branches extending from the menorah. And on the menorah there are to be four cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms. Then make its seven lamps and set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it. See that you make them according to the pattern shown you on the mountain” (Exodus 25:31-40).

The menorah represents the Messiah of Israel. Yeshua said, “I am the light of the world” (John 8:12). As the Bridegroom of Israel, He will light the path and show the Bride the way (Psalm 119:105). The menorah is a symbol of the Bride’s mission: that she is a light to the nations (Isaiah 42:7).

Just as the mishkan(tabernacle) was made in the pattern given, reflecting the Heavenly House, the Bride, when she walks in Yeshua’s right ways, will reflect His Heavenly principles that uphold His Kingdom.

It is said that pure gold is one of the easiest metals to work with. It can be beaten into a transparent gold foil over five hundred times thinner than a human hair. Thus Yahweh asked for the menorah to be fashioned and ornately decorated using one piece of pure gold.

The Cups of the Menorah

The pattern of the menorah called for three decorative cups to be on each of the six branches extending from the lamp stand. Only on the main shaft itself was there to be four cups. The cups on the menorah remind the Bride of the cups she drank when saying her Marriage vows to her Bridegroom at His appointed feasts, vowing to be His faithful Bride.

The cups on the menorah and the branches were in the shape of open almond blossoms. The almond tree represents first fruits and is the earliest tree to bloom after the winter in Israel. Yeshua is the first fruits from the dead and we are His first fruits. We were dead outside of Yeshua. When He redeemed us and raised us from death to life, we became His first fruits (Ezekiel 37:1-14).

The almond blossom turns into fruit that contains edible seed called a nut. Almond in Hebrew is shaqad (Strong’s H8246) from the root verb (Strong’s H8245) meaning to diligently watch .

Jeremiah 1:11-12 “The word of Yahweh came to me: ‘What do you see, Jeremiah?’ ‘I see the branch of an almond tree ,’ I replied. Yahweh said to me, ‘You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.’”

The Bride is to diligently watch her ways (rightly walking in His instructions), as she eagerly awaits for her Bridegroom, Yeshua the Messiah’s/ HaMashiach’s , return.

Song of Solomon 2:10-12 “My lover spoke and said to me, ‘Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.’”

The three cups on the six branches of the menorah are symbols that represent the commandment for the Israelites (believers) come before Yahweh at His appointed feasts three times a year to worship Him.

• The first cup represents the cup of acceptance that the Bride will drink at the first Feast in the Spring at the Passover and the seven-day Feast of Unleavened Bread.

• The second cup represents the cup of betrothal the Bride drinks at the second feast in late spring or early summer called the Feast of Shavuot, also called the Feast of Pentecost.

• The third cup represents the cup the Bride will drink at the third feast in the fall at the Feast of Tabernacles (which is a name that incorporates all three Fall feasts). This will be the wedding (Yom Kippur/Atonement) and celebration cup at the Wedding supper of the Lamb ( Sukkot /Tabernacles).

Only on the main shaft (also called The Branch) of the menorah is there a fourth cup . The branch represents Yeshua, and the fourth cup represents the cup He drank on our behalf at His death called the cup of bitterness. He took our cup in fulfillment of the Law of Jealousy regarding a wife suspected of being unfaithful to her husband(Numbers 5). Believers are the unfaithful Bride. In Yeshua’s faithfulness to His Bride and in fulfillment to the Covenant He made with her, He took our cup and drank our judgment and our death upon Himself, the cup of judgment that set us free. This fourth cup brought about our deliverance, thus our praise and thankfulness (Numbers 5:5-31; Luke 22:42).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X