LT. DAN spoof!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LT. DAN spoof!!

Funny But True!!! I have alot of conservative friends and I consider myself mostly conservative, but this guy (the real lt. dan) is single handily going to ruin public ed. If we didn't have people in the house that were fighting for educators it would already be worse.

I have been in education for 24 years now and never seen it worse! This guy makes up lies like no other politician. He will do anything to sink public ed. which means lie lie lie to get reelected. He prays on the ignorance of Texans. I can't remember the last democrat I voted for but this guy will not get my vote.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Haha, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen!

Comment

I can't really put my finger on why but "Lt. Dan" has always come across to me as a slimy opportunist. His current commercials are an example of what I hate about campaign season - the vintage truck, the barn coat complete with work gloves like he just paused in the middle of fixing a 5-strand to chat about politics. Yuck. He is one of those politicians I don't like even on on occasions when I agree with him.

Comment

The guy is a politician, through and through. And while I agree that he is against public education, I do like the idea of school choice. I pay a lot of money in school taxes and fortunately, my kids have a good school. But, if their school weren't this good, I would want to be able to have those school taxes go to the school of my choice. I fully understand that this would pull more money out of public schools, but that is my money, not the school's money, not the state's money. It is my money and I would like to be able to send it to whatever school I choose.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
            The guy is a politician, through and through. And while I agree that he is against public education, I do like the idea of school choice. I pay a lot of money in school taxes and fortunately, my kids have a good school. But, if their school weren't this good, I would want to be able to have those school taxes go to the school of my choice. I fully understand that this would pull more money out of public schools, but that is my money, not the school's money, not the state's money. It is my money and I would like to be able to send it to whatever school I choose.
            I'm curious (and this is not an attack at all), but if you are having to send money anyways...why not send it to your local school (especially if its not one of the top in the area). If the top schools always got all the money then where are the opportunities for the sub par schools to enhance their programs and curriculum. Kind like the rich get richer and the poor stay poor...Like I said I am honestly just curious?

I am a very big proponent of free choice and less government interference, but also a school teacher and I would think that if school taxes are going to be paid regardless then they need to be paid to the district in which we reside.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
              If it were TRUE school choice I would agree but his idea is not school choice. Its exploiting the special ed students for political gain while giving a tax break to wealthy companies. Usually companies that are in bed with these politicians.

True school choice isn't only available to a few it should be open to all and any private school that takes state money should have to jump through all the stupid hoops that the public schools do. But they won't that! it is politics to get votes. Thats why the house will have nothing of it they know it is a crock.

Comment

Also there is school choice already. I don't know of one school at least in my area that charges tuition. 4 districts around us including mine send buses to other schools to pick up kids. Not to mention all the ones that just drive their kids to other schools.

And true school choice is called "moving!"

Comment

Lt Dan is joke. The voucher system he pushes will only work for the wealthy. Lower income students will still not be able to afford to go to private schools. They will be stuck in the public school which will be even less funded than they are now. They have already cut school funding from 67% to 38%. That extra money has to come from somewhere. Guess who that will fall on, the taxpayers. If he gets reelected, property taxes will go up even more because school funding will go down. I wish more voters knew about some of the issues facing our public schools. Vote him out in the primary!

Comment

I'm for school choice because I can't stand the public school system anymore. It is ridiculous. Not allowed to fail, heck, not even allowed to force homework on students anymore. Even worse, in my school district some genius decided it was hindering education by calling the kids "students". Yep, they spend a butt load of money changing everything they can to refer to them as "Learners". Stupid. They should just focus on educating my kids. They are allowed to fail, they should have the responsibility of homework, they should be pushed to their limits and beyond and they sure as heck should be called "Students". All the liberalism that has invaded the public school system is why it sucks so bad. That is why I would love to take my tax money to a private school. "moving" is not a solution since all public schools are run this way. The only way I'll get my kids educated the way I prefer is private or home school. I prefer a better value for my money. And god darn it, yell at my dang kids, they need it from time to time. They mess up I fully expect the teacher to yell at them. Get them ready for life, don't teach them some fantasy land crap. Toughen them up. Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                      I'm for school choice because I can't stand the public school system anymore. It is ridiculous. Not allowed to fail, heck, not even allowed to force homework on students anymore. Even worse, in my school district some genius decided it was hindering education by calling the kids "students". Yep, they spend a butt load of money changing everything they can to refer to them as "Learners". Stupid. They should just focus on educating my kids. They are allowed to fail, they should have the responsibility of homework, they should be pushed to their limits and beyond and they sure as heck should be called "Students". All the liberalism that has invaded the public school system is why it sucks so bad. That is why I would love to take my tax money to a private school. "moving" is not a solution since all public schools are run this way. The only way I'll get my kids educated the way I prefer is private or home school. I prefer a better value for my money. And god darn it, yell at my dang kids, they need it from time to time. They mess up I fully expect the teacher to yell at them. Get them ready for life, don't teach them some fantasy land crap. Toughen them up. Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now
                      I get mad parents every year griping about how the kids are scared of me. I too big and mean looking and yell at them. And this is during athletics! If more parents felt like you do, it would make for a better school system. I do disagree with you on the fact that it will be different in private schools. I have taught in both, and have friends who are administrators in both. The same things happen in both. The main difference is in testing. Private school don't waste millions of dollars each year on state mandated tests.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                        Educators didn't create that issue it was crappy parents that whined to their legislators which in turn put more knee jerk legislation on the schools. I agree but I can tell you we would love to run the schools differently but we can't.

Why do you think we can't get a commissioner of education that is and actual educator?? Do you think the head of the state bar would be a Teacher? no it s a lawyer makes sense. But the high brow idiots running the state education system have no clue what they are doing and every time we we complain about something we are accused of being babies and not getting our way.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                          I get mad parents every year griping about how the kids are scared of me. I too big and mean looking and yell at them. And this is during athletics! If more parents felt like you do, it would make for a better school system. I do disagree with you on the fact that it will be different in private schools. I have taught in both, and have friends who are administrators in both. The same things happen in both. The main difference is in testing. Private school don't waste millions of dollars each year on state mandated tests.
                          The difference with Private schools is I can shop around. There are many public schools around me but they are all part of the same district and therefore run the same. There are a few private schools around and they are each run differently. I agree with the stupid testing thing. Waste.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            Educators didn't create that issue it was crappy parents that whined to their legislators which in turn put more knee jerk legislation on the schools. I agree but I can tell you we would love to run the schools differently but we can't.

Why do you think we can't get a commissioner of education that is and actual educator?? Do you think the head of the state bar would be a Teacher? no it s a lawyer makes sense. But the high brow idiots running the state education system have no clue what they are doing and every time we we complain about something we are accused of being babies and not getting our way.
                            I'm not blaming teachers. My son's 5th grade teacher is actually a friend of my wife. She tells me all the time how she gets in trouble because she is too hard on these poor little kids. I told her she had permission to smack my kid if he needed. But my comment wasn't about the teachers, it was about the education system. The public education system is horrible and that is why I would prefer to be out of it. Another example, my son had a great teacher, kids loved him and he taught them well. Kids actually enjoyed learning. Well, the principal didn't renew his contract because she felt he wasn't good for the school. Parents protested her decision but nothing was done. Administrators kicked out a good educator. Broken system.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              I'm curious (and this is not an attack at all), but if you are having to send money anyways...why not send it to your local school (especially if its not one of the top in the area). If the top schools always got all the money then where are the opportunities for the sub par schools to enhance their programs and curriculum. Kind like the rich get richer and the poor stay poor...Like I said I am honestly just curious?
                              This is a legitimate question. I don't see it as an attack at all. I do currently send it to one of the top schools in the area, which is a public school, which is where my kids go. However, if my local school were not the best choice for my kids, I would enroll them in a different (probably private) school and would want my school tax money to go to the school where I send my kids. The issue with sub-par schools is multi-faceted in my eyes. First, competition breeds improvement. Need I say more? Second, there are going to be property owners that pay school taxes that will continue to send their kids to the sub-par school (that's their choice) and people who do not have school age kids still paying taxes (forced). Therefore there will still be funding. If they don't have as much, oh well, get better or go under. I'm a big free market fan.

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              I am a very big proponent of free choice and less government interference, but also a school teacher and I would think that if school taxes are going to be paid regardless then they need to be paid to the district in which we reside.
                              Why, does it need to go there if my kid doesn't? This is likely a philosophical difference where we may not find a middle ground. I understand the "benefits to the community" argument and it has some weight with me, but it doesn't outweigh the benefit I am seeking for my kids and how my money is spent. If they want the money, the need to get better. I have 0 problems with organizations that make the best products making the most money.

If it were TRUE school choice I would agree but his idea is not school choice. Its exploiting the special ed students for political gain while giving a tax break to wealthy companies. Usually companies that are in bed with these politicians.

True school choice isn't only available to a few it should be open to all and any private school that takes state money should have to jump through all the stupid hoops that the public schools do. But they won't that! it is politics to get votes. Thats why the house will have nothing of it they know it is a crock.
                              I completely agree that he's NOT going about this the right way. It should be TRUE school choice for EVERYONE. Some people will say that people who rent don't pay taxes and therefore wouldn't be able to send any money to a different school. To that I would say that they should get the credit for the property taxes that are paid by the landlord that owns where they live, if in an apartment, a proportional amount of the apartments property taxes could be credited to their school of choice. I'm a landlord also and have no problems with this. I pay taxes to schools my kids won't ever see, my tenants should have that benefit, as they are the ones who pay my tax bill.

Also there is school choice already. I don't know of one school at least in my area that charges tuition. 4 districts around us including mine send buses to other schools to pick up kids. Not to mention all the ones that just drive their kids to other schools.

And true school choice is called "moving!"
                              The situation you describe is likely due to poor performing schools. It's ridiculous that the one school has to send a bus into another district to pick up a kid from that district to bring them into their school. Makes no sense and it's a waste of money. If the parents want the kid to go to another school, they should have to get them there themselves.

Why should I have to move from my home to send my kid to the school I want. Especially, if I'm willing to get them there myself?

All of this said, I'm assuming by choice we are talking about private schools. I would think that a public school in a different area should only allow the number of students that they have capacity for. If they are full, sorry, outsiders need to find a different school. If they have capacity, it should be done on a 1st come, 1st served basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X