No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit 181 the otherday and that ties the lowest I have weighed as an adult. 20 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
      Two weeks ago, I went though and read this entire thread...took notes while doing so. I have done low carb stuff before, and it has worked but I did not sustain it. My biggest issue is I don't/can't eat vegetables. That and I monitored my carbs but not necessarily cutting out the bad carbs. With Keto though, there seems to be so much information out there. Although I don't eat vegetables, there are plenty of recipes out there that I think I can handle this. It is definitely worth a shot because I am tired of filling and looking like I presently do.

Anyway, I just started on Monday. I have had no issues thus far. Willpower did come into play though. On Tuesday, my daughters boyfriend came by the house and cooked. I could not eat it. Then last night a friend had a birthday, and I did not have a drink. It really was not that difficult to say "no" though. I know there will be times that I have my cheat days, but I definitely did not want to do it on day two and three.

My eating routine thus far has been...

Morning - Bulletproof Coffee
      Lunch - (12:30ish) Thus far just some meat and cheese
      Supper - (between 7:00 & 8:00) Thus far, mainly eggs and bacon

These are supposed to be my daily numbers...
      2485 Calories
      194g Fat
      153.6g Protein
      31g Carbs

My biggest concerns, at least I think it is a concern, is that I am really not getting close to these numbers. In the long run, how much of a concern is this?

One more thing, does anyone have a good recipe for Bulletproof Coffee? I really miss my creamer.

I am doing...
      2 cups of Coffee
      1 TBSP butter
      1 TBSP Coconut Oil
      (This morning a put a couple of squirts of Stevia in it)
      I add a little heavy cream to above for my coffee.
      Also since you don't eat veggies you'll need to monitor your macros really closely. Reason I say this is leafy greens are a good source of magnesium and potassium since these are very important on the keto diet.

Do you eat avocados? They're a really good source for potassium and the good fats.
      Last edited by Hardware; 03-01-2018, 10:58 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
        I am considering doing this diet, and looking at the bullet prof coffee and things that go in it NOT CHEAP!!! Anybody have some recipes for the bullet prof coffee?
        Join my Email List: https://www.thomasdelauer.comGet My Discounted MCT Oil Here: https://www.perfectketo.com/thomas/c8Keto Coffee Recipe: Better than Bulletp...

I use clarified butter instead of ghee which is dang pricey and hard to find. (Ghee at home, clarified at work.) You can get everything needed at Walmart including mct oil and it's not that bad. I make one small personal size blender of this stuff every morning and then pour that in a 32oz tumbler and fill the rest with black coffee. Wonder I ever sleep at all

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
          I am considering doing this diet, and looking at the bullet prof coffee and things that go in it NOT CHEAP!!! Anybody have some recipes for the bullet prof coffee?
          I use 1 T of each

Butter
          Coconut oil
          MCT oil or extra coconut oil if no MCT available.

You don’t have to buy the Bullet Proof brand. I use HEB brand or Community brand coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
            I add a little heavy cream to above for my coffee.
            Also since you don't eat veggies you'll need to monitor your macros really closely. Reason I say this is leafy greens are a good source of magnesium and potassium since these are very important on the keto diet.

Do you eat avocados? They're a really good source for potassium and the good fats.
            No I don't eat avocados, but when I went shopping on Sunday to prepare for Monday, I bought a couple. I am willing to give them another shot. Maybe my taste buds have changed. I am hoping I can, at the very least, tolerate them. It seems avocados can be a key to the Keto diet.

To get some potassium I do drink one PowerAde Zero per day. For the magnesium, I will probably start eating more nuts. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
              No I don't eat avocados, but when I went shopping on Sunday to prepare for Monday, I bought a couple. I am willing to give them another shot. Maybe my taste buds have changed. I am hoping I can, at the very least, tolerate them. It seems avocados can be a key to the Keto diet.

To get some potassium I do drink one PowerAde Zero per day. For the magnesium, I will probably start eating more nuts. Any other suggestions?
              Morton No Salt is mostly potassium. It may sound nasty, but add 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon in your Powerade Zero and it actually enhances the flavor of the Powerade.

You can get it at walmart but here's an amazon link so you know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by steven; 03-01-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Cream of tartar is another easy potassium supplement you can add to a drink

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Feel a little like an old man for this but I actually bought a pill organizer. I have always hated taking anything but on this diet if I don’t supplement magnesium and potassium I will get cramps. Coconut water, vitamin water zero, avocados, yes I use all those regularly but still had issues. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been good and my morning routine is tablespoon liquid glucosamine then down a handful of pills that include potassium, magnesium, turmeric, C and a Zyrtec for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going in for blood work/physical today.
                    The last time I went in my cholesterol was very high and I was in pretty bad shape, so I'm excited to see what my levels are after being on the diet.
                    I'm also interested to see how it has affected my test levels.

I know most people use the diet for weight loss, but I have actually put weight back on.
                    I started the diet at 213, dropped to 201, and am now back at 209-210. The kicker is that my body fat percentage is lower now than it was at 201, so it has been all muscle. Just a little encouragement for you guys who may not be seeing the scale drop the way you want!

Comment

Disregard the gallo pinto, didn't eat that...although I love the stuff.

Tonight's Keto on the go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We went to a crawfish boil last night. Enjoyed a reasonable amount of bugs, some shrimp and sausage links. Managed to avoid the corn, potatoes, boudin and German chocolate cake! . I did allow myself to enjoy a vodka with Topo Chico and lime.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

My 80 year old Dad has been serious about Keto for several months. Hard core serious. He eats breakfast and dinner only, never eating after 8. He's diabetic and has fought the numbers for years. He told me yesterday he's completely off the blood glucose meds and managing BGCs under 100. That's impressive if not unreal. It equates to curing diabetes. I need to get on this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            My 80 year old Dad has been serious about Keto for several months. Hard core serious. He eats breakfast and dinner only, never eating after 8. He's diabetic and has fought the numbers for years. He told me yesterday he's completely off the blood glucose meds and managing BGCs under 100. That's impressive if not unreal. It equates to curing diabetes. I need to get on this now.

Awesome!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              That’s great to hear!

Comment

I did keto/paleo years ago and dropped a fair bit of weight while crossfitting. After an injured back, moving, new positions x3, i gained a ton of weight. As an experiment i began much needed TRT with no diet change for 3 months, results were an increase in muscle but no fat loss to speak of. Finally got serious about the diet and began the keto journey in September. Kicked most processed foods, grains, startches, and BEER. As of last week I am now down 60lbs with no muscle lost as indicated by my body scan. I began following the IF schedule that the actor Terry Crews promotes, only taking in calories 8 hours a day. Usually begin with a protein shake for lunch with a high protein meal for dinner with a salad. If you havent tried the Labrada RTD shakes, you are missing out. Zero sugar with minmal carbs without the nasty aftertaste. I plan on beginnig to implementing an excercise regime when I hit the 75# mark.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X