X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice one Mac.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Congrats again Shane! Was glad I got lucky and stumbled on y’all this morning! That a way to get er done!

Comment

Great job Mac and by the looks of it darn good shot placement!

Comment

Awesome buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck Mac!

Comment

I wanted to get some insight from you guys on how you approach finding a new spot. I want to look for a new spot to hunt, I’ll only be hunting from makeshift blinds/cover. But i don’t want to hunt someone else’s spot or too close to someone else’s setup. What do you guys typically look for when choosing a new spot to make sure it’s not too close to someone else’s setup or area. I also don’t want to have to walk through someone else’s spot to get to my spot. Trying to stay out of peoples way and not pizz anyone off, so i figured I’d ask what you guys do when finding new areas to set up.

Thanks,
                  Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                    I wanted to get some insight from you guys on how you approach finding a new spot. I want to look for a new spot to hunt, I’ll only be hunting from makeshift blinds/cover. But i don’t want to hunt someone else’s spot or too close to someone else’s setup. What do you guys typically look for when choosing a new spot to make sure it’s not too close to someone else’s setup or area. I also don’t want to have to walk through someone else’s spot to get to my spot. Trying to stay out of peoples way and not pizz anyone off, so i figured I’d ask what you guys do when finding new areas to set up.

Thanks,
                    Kyle
                    Kyle,

Welcome to the area. Your question is a broad one. It might be best to sum up an appropriate answer by saying keep an easy going attitude about ya in the woods when you do encounter someone, and treat others the way you'd want to be treated.

Last year I was camping and hunting with a buddy. When it was time to walk in that morning he had forgotten his Gps and I had to walk him to his stand then head to mine. In doing so I inadvertently passed under a guy's stand in the dark getting to mine. Also last year I had hunted all day and mid afternoon a guy came in and stared climbing a tree exactly 40 yards from me. When I got his attention and told him I was already there his words were "but this is where I always hunt" - neither one of us saw deer that night but watched each other's every move.

It would be nice if guys would give the courtesy of at least 100 if not a 200 yd separation in my opinion. It'd be nice if guys would keep from walking around in the woods during prime morning and evening hours. But it's public land and the long and short is it has to be shared. So a good attitude and "common courtesy" (whatever that is to you) is hopefully what we all want and hope for out there.

Beyond that find the best a spot you can and I generally pick out at least two spots in a given area so if I walk in on someone I can easily adjust and still hunt.

Best of luck and nice serving with ya.

Comment

Well I just had a little 2 yr old come in straight down wind of me. He caught my wind and turned back maybe big brother will come from the other direction soon

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Nice buck guys!!

Comment

Anybody seeing any movement?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowpatriot02 View Post
                              Anybody seeing any movement?

Nothin today...

Comment

Had a young buck and a hog show up right at dark last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X