Suggestions for a battery chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a battery chainsaw

I'm looking for a decent battery chainsaw. I don't use a saw much, only for small jobs, and I hate yanking on a pull rope. Anyone have any experience with battery chainsaws? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
    D

I had a husqvarna battery saw and was very impressed. The only downside was the price - $399.

Comment

I have an 18v Ryobi. It's cheap enough, but pretty slow. I wouldn't recommend it. I hear their 40v is much faster, but I don't know about it personally.

Comment

I have the 40v Kobalt chainsaw that performs awesome for battery powered.

Comment

I have a Kobalt 40V tree trimming chainsaw and its awesome.

Comment

ive got the 18v Ryobi pole saw and it does what I want it to do. I only use it for small limbs and yaupon around the deer stands. I usually don't cut nuthin bigger than a baseball bat.

Comment

We tested a Stihl at the FD for a couple weeks. Worked great for typical use.

Comment

I recently replaced most of my gas-powered yard tools. I did quite a bit of research and decided to go with the EGO 56 Volt family of tools. I first bought the 16" chainsaw, then the weed trimmer, lawnmower, backpack blower and hedge trimmer. I ordered them all online from Home Depot. I've invested quite a bit in these tools, but they are all awesome and it's money I'm glad I spent.

I use the chainsaw extensively on our lease. It's definitely my favorite EGO tool. Check out YouTube for video reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                  ive got the 18v Ryobi pole saw and it does what I want it to do. I only use it for small limbs and yaupon around the deer stands. I usually don't cut nuthin bigger than a baseball bat.
                  I have thus one also works good

Comment

Buddy has the echo chainsaw and weed whacked. Used the chainsaw a few weeks ago, pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A cordless saw zaw with a pruning blade works pretty good.

Comment

I like the Makita, uses two 18vlt batteries and cuts well.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Buncha Al Gore types up in here...

Comment

THe harbor freight 40V pole saw has been amazing! About to get a chainsaw to go with it! Gotta be sneaky cutting stuff down sometime! Beats a hand saw or a sawzall that peters out after a few trees!

Comment

I bought a 40v Ryobi several yrs ago when they first showed up. Its one of the best tools I've ever owned. The amount of wood i have cut with it is unbelievable. It still runs as good as the day I brought it home.
                              Having used several different ones in the last few years, Oregon makes the best electric saw for everyday use imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X