Water transfer pump needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water transfer pump needed.

Need a water transfer pump to get water from my 65 gallon water tote n the back of my truck to my RV that does not have a gravity fill port. Suggestions on HP and where to get one. Thanks.

Go get the harbor freight one whichever size you need.

Comment

I bout a $20 harbor freight bilge pump and use it to empty 275 gallon totes. Takes about 14 mins. Hook to a car or ranger battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy a new rv pump and hook it to a battery, or your truck. Working on a similiar system myself.

Comment

Also got some extra bilge hose from the hardware store for a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can also use a 12v bilge pump. Run you about $20-30. Buy a trailer wiring kit (about $10-$15) and you can use alligator clips to hook it to your battery. Drop it in the top and let it pump away. Pull it out when done. That'd be the "Rube Goldberg" way of doing it...

Comment

You can get the pump from northern tool. Put an adapter on the hose end to your camper and let it rip. I think the pump is somewhere around $70 bucks. My pump has a 3-4' hose that I zip tied a rock to hold it down to the bottom of my water barrels. I don't have to use the adapter on my trailer but it would work on yours.
              Last edited by Swampa; 07-11-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Rigged a pump from harbor freight and two water hoses cut to length for my dad. He transfers water from bed of truck containers to fifth wheel when dry camping. Twenty foot leads with alligator clips for battery hook up gives him plenty of options for power.

Comment

Get this and call it a day. We have it at our place as we also have to transfer water to our totes then from our totes to our trailer. The pressure of this pump will exceed your expectations.

Comment

I used one of these to transfer from 55gallon barrels to the rainwater collection totes, during a drought

It works pretty good

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                      Rigged a pump from harbor freight and two water hoses cut to length for my dad. He transfers water from bed of truck containers to fifth wheel when dry camping. Twenty foot leads with alligator clips for battery hook up gives him plenty of options for power.
                      Rig it to a hot on the trailer light plug. Turn on lights/pump water

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                        Rig it to a hot on the trailer light plug. Turn on lights/pump water

That is quite a load for a lighting circuit. Could burn it out pretty quickly. Hope it pops the fuse before it melts the wire.

With my pump, it took roughly 10 minutes for it to drain a 55gal drum. The leads on that small pump are #10 wire. Trailer lighting wire is usually #16.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                        X