No announcement yet.

Artifact hunting has been good to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at those things gave me a warm fuzzy. Glad I didn't see them in person or I woulda had an orgasm fer sure.

Comment

You are on the good points now for sure. I'm so happy for you that you've had such good success, especially when you include your family on some of your excursions. Keep looking and finding and posting up here. Every time I see another of your threads it makes me want to get out and look. Good stuff Johnny.

Comment

Wow thats some pretty amazing stuff guys. Comgrats on some gems

Comment

That is awesome! I am gonna have to spend some time looking at the ranch and talking with my Fil about the spot where some points have been found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool fellas..

Comment

Absolute beauties! Keep posting them up as you find them!

Comment

Those are awesome!

Comment

I'd love to be able to find just a couple LOL. I've tried several times and never had luck. Where do yall go to find them? Is this yalls own private land?

Comment

Great stuff Johnny

Comment

I know not a thing about any of this but it's sure cool to see and think about how old it is. I've found hundreds of these over the years as a youngster at my great grandparents farm in Indiana, but have no clue where they could be now. I've also found a tackle box full from a place we hunted in Brownwood for years. I just gave them to my elders and I'm sure my Uncle still has all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                        I'd love to be able to find just a couple LOL. I've tried several times and never had luck. Where do yall go to find them? Is this yalls own private land?
                        Todd,

If you find any info on how/where to even start looking, let me know. Always been interested in this myself. Not sure if our place in Sheridan is even worth trying? (Anyone here familiar if this area is worth it or how we'd know?) We have couple miles of creek frontages but it's really sandy.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingjunkie View Post
                          I know not a thing about any of this but it's sure cool to see and think about how old it is. I've found hundreds of these over the years as a youngster at my great grandparents farm in Indiana, but have no clue where they could be now. I've also found a tackle box full from a place we hunted in Brownwood for years. I just gave them to my elders and I'm sure my Uncle still has all of them.
                          Get pics the next time you are around them. there are several of us that will help figure out what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                            Todd,

If you find any info on how/where to even start looking, let me know. Always been interested in this myself. Not sure if our place in Sheridan is even worth trying? (Anyone here familiar if this area is worth it or how we'd know?) We have couple miles of creek frontages but it's really sandy.
                            Thats ideal. It will be eat up with sites. Find where the higher ground is nearest to the creek and you have likely found a site. Doesnt have to be a mountain. Just high enough that it doesnt flood. If you see flint flakes on the surface, it a site.

Watch the video in post 26. that is just such a spot the we were digging saturday.
                            Last edited by GarGuy; 02-06-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

What a great thread.
                              Congrats guys, those lithics are awesome.

Comment

Beautiful points.

Our place in south texas has 2 camps on it. One is a gradual slope above a creek. The main camp is the flat top of a large hill above the creek on the other side. You can see 10 miles looking west so it would have been a good vantage point. An archeologist explained to me how he looks for camps. He said pretend you carrying a 5 gallon bucket full of water from the creek to your camp, you wouldnt want it to be too far from your water source but out of the flood plain.
                                Last edited by rtjh; 02-06-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X